Survival UK Forums
What have done towards your prep? - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Discussion Area (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: An Open Box (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+--- Thread: What have done towards your prep? (/showthread.php?tid=1010)

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Pete Grey - 9 February 2018

Welcome back SS, you have been busy last week, i hope you didn’t miss the rugby last saturday wales played a blinder.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Straight Shooter - 9 February 2018

Thank you Pete.....did i watch the rugby ? do bears shit in the woods and wipe their arse in a rabbit !........tomorrow is the one Pete ....the arch enemy .....England at twickers

In the very unlikely event us welsh come second......i do hope my SIL does not come out on his door step and do his stupid high pitched silly Englishman's laugh along with rapid hip movements (for his sake ) i have spent most of today sighting my crossbow ...about 3 degrees high pulling slight left will find the bolts destination ......right in the bollocks.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Pete Grey - 9 February 2018

As long as it’s a good game and both teams play well, our main job will be when we hammer the scots for the calcutta cup.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Pete Grey - 11 February 2018

(9 February 2018, 20:26)Pete Grey Wrote: As long as it’s a good game and both teams play well, our main job will be when we hammer the scots for the calcutta cup.

After seeing Scotland beat France this afternoon it will be a tough game.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Straight Shooter - 12 February 2018

Pete ........................i need to be alone.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Pete Grey - 12 February 2018

(12 February 2018, 14:47)Straight Shooter Wrote: Pete ........................i need to be alone.

You will note i make no comment, i don’t kick a man when he’s down, if the Scots beat us next week i will need your simpathy. Sit in a dark room, whiskey helps.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Pete Grey - 14 February 2018

Don’t throw any thing away, you never know what you may need. I’ve just found an envelope containing PETROL COUPONS from the Suez crisis of 1956, thanks dad God bless you.

We still have several boxes of candles bought in 1974 when we had electricity rationing (the 3 day week), always useful but we now use wind up and rechargeable LED lanterns for the odd power cut, much more convenient and safer.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Pete Grey - 14 February 2018

Good prices on Varta high energy batteries at B&Q, AA and AAA 12 for £7, 2 packs £8, can mix. Shelf life is 10 years, not rechargeable but sounds good to me.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Straight Shooter - 16 February 2018

Thanks Pete,

Built yet another raised bed this week 30 ft x 1.6 ft x 1.6 ft , filled with straw bales taken out of the polytunnel ....looks like i will have no choice but to re site the polytunnel one more time .....just bought a mini digger from a guy i have not seen for forty odd years and spent a good hour talking of times past " last i remember of you SS is pointing up the stone roof of my fathers farmhouse with a rope tied around your waste and tied off around the chimney stack " aye ....the last i remember of you was driving a mini cooper S around the fields and learning the art of drifting ....straight into ditch.....and learning to stop...... the controlled roll ...a great hour all round ! and a pleasure for both of us ......where did the time go ? .

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Pete Grey - 16 February 2018

All these raised beds SS, are you supplying you local supermarket?, you’re becoming a proper market gardener, wish i had the energy.

I like the cooper S tale, a friend had a cooper in the 70s he always said he couldn’t spin it however daft he drove, i always had sports cars, mgb elan then got married and ended up with an austin 1100, still got the old girl ( the wife not the car) thank goodness.