Survival UK Forums
What have done towards your prep? - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Discussion Area (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: An Open Box (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+--- Thread: What have done towards your prep? (/showthread.php?tid=1010)

RE: What have done towards your prep? - MaryN - 22 April 2018

I would agree with MB's post. At the end of the day, if you are a well organised community you stand a better chance of getting through the troubles. I would also point out that looting is normally opportunistic. Quick in and grab what they can and then move on. Present a united front and they may well think again and go somewhere else. I know a lot of us would love to live off grid and in a remote area, but in our crowded little island that is not an option for most folk. You have to cut your cloth, so to speak!

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Pete Grey - 22 April 2018

Having given it some thought for us i think the best way is to take advantage of our streets official neighbourhood watch scheme, when things start to kick off in the cities i will have a letter ready to circulate to every house making it seem “official”.

If the internet is still up we will hear of any riots even if TPTB try to censor the news.
If the internet is down, no electricity etc, before rioting or looting start in the area the letters will go out, then we’ll talk to people especially the ones with young families who have more to loose, and advise them of what may happen and how there’s strength in numbers.

Meanwhile i’ll checkout our weaponry.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - MaryN - 22 April 2018

Softly, softly.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - LAC - 22 April 2018

I saw this story a few days ago and was going to post it then but forgot. This thread got me thinking of it again. It seems strange that I've not read or heard it anywhere but the DM. Although it doesn't attack preppers directly it seems to try to link them with drugs and general weirdness. What are your opinions on it?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5627623/Dunstable-gran-shoots-intruder-crossbow-nicknamed-Manstopper.html

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Midnitemo - 22 April 2018

Oh dear, she stuck one of them with a bolt from point blank with "manstopper" and still the robbery continued and then the perpetrators left on foot (all of them) think she should rename it pinpricker , not a good role model for us eh?

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Pete Grey - 23 April 2018

IMO not a prepper family and not likely to encourage prepping, to encourage weapon collecting yes, does anyone here really believe their story ? how many of you have been raided like that ? very suspicious.

If this was an true prepper family keeping OPSEC and not a bunch of in your face people running to the press i am sure the police would have acted differently, the cuffs would soon have been on.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Mortblanc - 23 April 2018

How many of US have been "raided like that" is not relevant. What is relevant is the fact that it is happening daily and often going unreported for various reasons.

Most of these intruder robberies are reported as "burglaries with the occupant present", which is a sanitized way of saying "looters entered home, beat occupant, stole what they wanted."

These "home invasions" happen frequently over here, especially in the urban areas but also in rural situations. Sometimes the door is smashed open but often it is due to people leaving their entry doors unlocked so the kids can roam in and out, or just due to lack of general security mindset.

It is almost always marginal persons living in tightly packed urban areas and many times they do not even report the incidents due to the victims being undocumented immigrants, relatives of the intruder, or fearful of gang retaliations.

It appears these kinds of crimes are happening more frequently, or self defense is taking place more frequently ad being reported more often. The rate of occurrence is probably the same, but the media is focusing on them for some reason. The stabbing of the intruder last week, this crossbow incident this week. They are probably working up to a test of the self defense laws nationwide.

Any time I see increased media coverage of some activity I expect to see legislation coming down the track soon. They love to create new squeaky wheels to grease uselessly.

The most dangerous time of any persons' life is that space where folk are acting as if SHTF and personal danger is heightened, but TPTB are still in place protecting the rights of the criminals rather than protecting the lives of the innocent.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Straight Shooter - 23 April 2018

Been busy....garden is taking a nice shape ...harmony is coming to the fore , ordered some 18" dia land drain pipe today ready to sort out that stream ...the trench is prepped ready (open stream bed) at the top (where it comes into my ground ) i cut down some thick plastic barrels in half to form a open part to allow maintenance on the pipeline and clearing of silt ....when i lay the pipes i can fill over and make some more usable ground ....to the tune of a 3 mtr x 30 mtr strip ....room to re'site one polytunnel and a very nice veggie patch , planted peas,more broad beans, leeks, beetroot, carrots, parsnips, cabbage , and sown cucs ......done a test run of (quick soak peas ) and yes they are popping up ! .....the weather has changed today ....so have fleeced up some seedlings in the raised beds this afternoon.....rain forecast tomorrow ...so will continue to sort out the stores....John the farm has bagged up some horse manure so i will take a trip up to the farm tomorrow to collect it.

I have developed a real nasty trait of late .....it involves the TV set and news presenters and the verbal diarrhoea that permeates from their mouths ....it starts by me turning my head from side to side then i go into my stand up mode and shout all sorts of abuse at the screen !.....wild child has now taken to using gaffa tape the moment i stand up there she is going round and round my ankles....followed by my hands resting on my sides ....round and round and then my mouth...but she leaves a split.... no... not the breath ,,,,,but for me to suffer the indignity of being spoon fed my beans on toast .

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Mortblanc - 24 April 2018

(23 April 2018, 22:38)Straight Shooter Wrote: Been busy....garden is taking a nice shape ...harmony is coming to the fore , ordered some 18" dia land drain pipe today ready to sort out that stream ...the trench is prepped ready (open stream bed) at the top (where it comes into my ground ) i cut down some thick plastic barrels in half to form a open part to allow maintenance on the pipeline and clearing of silt ....when i lay the pipes i can fill over and make some more usable ground ....to the tune of a 3 mtr x 30 mtr strip ....room to re'site one polytunnel and a very nice veggie patch , planted peas,more broad beans, leeks, beetroot, carrots, parsnips, cabbage , and sown cucs ......done a test run of (quick soak peas ) and yes they are popping up ! .....the weather has changed today ....so have fleeced up some seedlings in the raised beds this afternoon.....rain forecast tomorrow ...so will continue to sort out the stores....John the farm has bagged up some horse manure so i will take a trip up to the farm tomorrow to collect it.

I have developed a real nasty trait of late .....it involves the TV set and news presenters and the verbal diarrhoea that permeates from their mouths ....it starts by me turning my head from side to side then i go into my stand up mode and shout all sorts of abuse at the screen !.....wild child has now taken to using gaffa tape the moment i stand up there she is going round and round my ankles....followed by my hands resting on my sides ....round and round and then my mouth...but she leaves a split.... no... not the breath ,,,,,but for me to suffer the indignity of being spoon fed my beans on toast .

You should put the TV in the garden so the BS they spout will do some good!

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Straight Shooter - 24 April 2018

Bloody good idea MB ! .............moving set right now !.....under tarp .