Survival UK Forums
What have done towards your prep? - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Discussion Area (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: An Open Box (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+--- Thread: What have done towards your prep? (/showthread.php?tid=1010)

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Straight Shooter - 7 December 2021

Processing the home cured bacon this coming weekend .....I have done our lot last weekend ......sliced up and vacuum packed ......been creating more space for food preps ....long and short term .....it’s not easy getting more space but I see a valued need to get it done .....with the spotlight being on early January / February 22 .

The second generator cover is now completed and ready for action , I will get even more fuel ( need more Gerry cans ) , in fact we are off out right now to go get some , and while we are out will get some more plastic tubs along with more food preps !......mostly caned stuff .

People are now loosing their jobs around here and it’s cranking up slowly and the outlook is taking a nosedive ,most are hanging on to the Christmas spirit to get them through the crap of it all .....if dorris does not cancel it !

I see trouble ahead ! There is only so much people will take ! .....I see a flip coming on mass .....I will not be out and about when that kicks off ........that of itself is enough reason for more food preps ....plus it’s available NOW it would be silly not to stock up .....while others are sleeping soundly and oblivious to what’s coming .

RE: What have done towards your prep? - bigpaul - 7 December 2021

have now completed all my major preps, all I need to do now is keep topping up my long term preps.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - MaryN - 7 December 2021

Yep. something unpleasant is definitely on the way. It's the creepy feeling on the back of your neck! We're all stocked up on just about everything. I just need to prod the OH into getting some more fuel stored for the genny. Otherwise, it can snow ink...!

I dont think the weather is a problem, not this far South anyway, last time we had snow was nearly 12 years ago, its so mild here but we do get a lot of rain and gales this time of year.

The wind has picked up here and rain with it ! Gails even ,although it’s easing off, will not venture out today after all ....will go tomorrow .

the gales are battering the Devon south coast, apparently the train line at Dawlish has been shut down because of the high winds and sea salt on the line.

Ordered the Gerry cans , a trapping book and two mora knifes off the net ....arriving tomorrow ....I will fill the cans with fuel .....oh and a new shovel and some other trinkets .....I blew £100 in cold blood .

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Pete Grey - 7 December 2021

We need more LPG, propane or butane it doesn’t matter as we have regulators for both, so I’m hoping to come across two or three bottles

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Pete Grey - 7 December 2021

Oops gremlins.

Yes two or three bottles around the 13kg/15kg size, and I think a 4kw portable gas heater could be a useful addition.

We have enough propane for a BO lasting a couple of months but for a long drawn out SHTF event not enough.

Should things kick off in the Ukraine and severe sanctions are applied against Russia I’ve no doubt Putin will cut off Nord Stream in retaliation, and 47% of our gas comes by pipeline from europe.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Mortblanc - 7 December 2021

If things go past my stored propane I will pull the wood stove off the back porch into the house and fire it up.

With us still measuring by the pound over here I store the 20# tanks due to them being a size I can tote and place. I forgot how many are in the shed, 5-6 with one half full on the BBQ.

My "most used" cold weather gear uses the small 1# canisters, and I have an adapter to transfer propane from 20# to the 1# size.

The 1# gives me 5 hours of burn time for the heater, or 6 hours of light with accompanying heat from the light. 4 days of heat or light.

I have never experienced a power outage of more than 2 weeks, though I have lived without utilities for years on end. In those years I was set up for it and that made it a sight easier. Functioning without grid in a home not designed to operate off grid is a perpetual PITA!

)