Survival UK Forums
What have done towards your prep? - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Discussion Area (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: An Open Box (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+--- Thread: What have done towards your prep? (/showthread.php?tid=1010)

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Pete Grey - 2 March 2022

As the next stage of the current check on our preps i’m going through the faraday protected items, sw radios, cb, walkie talkies etc, making sure everything is working ok and we have at least two different ways of powering each up.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - bigpaul - 2 March 2022

waiting for delivery of another Mattock.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - MaryN - 2 March 2022

Off out tomorrow to pick up supplies; fuel for generator; get some cash out of the Bank (just in case), and head off to supplier to order a load of logs. Have I forgotten anything, Chaps?

RE: What have done towards your prep? - LAC - 2 March 2022

Pickling anything that moves at the moment. Peppers, Chillies, Cabbage, Onion Chutney.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - bigpaul - 3 March 2022

did a big shop yesterday, keeping both cars topped up with fuel.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Straight Shooter - 3 March 2022

Been checking my CB ...along with other coms , all good except the twig on the CB ......ordered a new stinger today ....comon back .

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Straight Shooter - 4 March 2022

Some mixed corn and some layers pellets for the girls Mary ........and some flour .....lots of it ,while you can still get it ! You must look after hubby ! .

RE: What have done towards your prep? - MaryN - 4 March 2022

(4 March 2022, 09:01)Straight Shooter Wrote: Some mixed corn and some layers pellets for the girls Mary ........and some flour .....lots of it ,while you can still get it ! You must look after hubby ! .

Yep, all livestock feed now topped up. Worst case scenario I'll let the girls into the garden; I can set up some additional netting. That'll keep them happy. Lots of flour in house, along with yeast. Not sure there is much else I can do. Helmets polished and clean and flak jackets checked for moth damage.....!

RE: What have done towards your prep? - bigpaul - 4 March 2022

there will be shortages but not next week more like next year, Ukraine (and Russia) are big exporters of Wheat although I think Britain imports a lot of flour from Canada-at least thats the main supplier of Spelt flour.
Corn is another but not human food its used for animal feed.
Aluminium too so there may be a shortage of cans.
we get 3% of our gas supplies from Russia-I assume that will stop because of the sanctions.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Straight Shooter - 4 March 2022

Time to revisit all medical supply’s and devices ....and updating OTC meds .....I can imagine a time coming fast where these things will become near impossible to get ........get familiar folks ! ....this applies to animals also !