Survival UK Forums
What have done towards your prep? - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Discussion Area (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: An Open Box (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+--- Thread: What have done towards your prep? (/showthread.php?tid=1010)

RE: What have done towards your prep? - bigpaul - 4 March 2022

thankfully our medical needs are very low and we always have at least a couple or 3 months supply in hand.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Straight Shooter - 4 March 2022

I don’t know about shortages becoming ( slow ) BP ......sanctions on the Russians also effect us with equal pressure on our economy , that’s for sure .....the true extent along with the full unintended consequences will unfold as time go’s by ! But in short order ....I don’t think people realise how interconnected everything is ....and how it effects everyone ........but that’s about to change from here on in ! .

RE: What have done towards your prep? - bigpaul - 4 March 2022

I'm not sure sanctions will affect me and the wife personally much in our rural location and with our sort of lifestyle, its more what it will do to the country as a whole. hopefully TPTB have now had their eyes opened and realise leaving our energy supplies in the hands of possible enemies is a stupid thing to do .

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Straight Shooter - 7 March 2022

Make no mistakes BP it will affect everyone the world over ! You in leafy Devon and here in sunny South Wales no one will be free of it , in some shape or form ....just my opinion ! .

In between massaging my ego on here , I been busy preparing seven raised beds and raking in some fertiliser and compost over the past three days . Today I have planted five tubs of potatoes Swift first early , they now live in the poly tunnel ready to strut their stuff . All other sowings in the heated poly tunnel are doing well and popping their heads up ,cuc , toms, chillies , and peppers ....wild child wants a proper herb (garden) ....I even have her plan as to what’s required .....she must be obeyed at all times otherwise I get it ...but she shows good manners and etiquette by punching me with body shots and not in the face if I f..k up ....I am very appreciative for her consideration .

RE: What have done towards your prep? - bigpaul - 8 March 2022

lack of petrol supplies will hinder us a bit, not that we go far these days and havent for the last 2 years.
some canned food may be in short supply but other sources of supply will be found by HM govt I'm sure now we are no longer in the dreaded EU. its about time we went back to seasonal food in the UK some people expect too much these days,
meat isnt a problem here as we get it straight from the farm, havent eaten supermarket meat for over 10 years.
still looking for some local land to buy, in the meantime I'm growing extra food in tubs, garden already has permanent food growing in it and we have wild food plants nearby which most people dont have a clue about these days.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Straight Shooter - 8 March 2022

Let’s set aside Putin and Ukraine for a bit , and start concentrating what we CAN do and we are in control of via our own efforts towards our preps , growing our own foods be it animals or fruit n veggies ....now I know many on here already do just that ....but it’s getting more imperative by the day .....it may well be it will be the only chance to get a fresh supply or even worse , afford it ....to the people who do not grow anything at the moment ....you need to start right now ! ...even if it’s containers to get any supply at all to ensure survival for you and yours ....the way it’s panning out right now prices are going vertical on all fronts ....this one thing is within your grasp and not at all difficult .....even if you only have a balcony ....roll your sleeves up and get stuck in ! .

RE: What have done towards your prep? - bigpaul - 9 March 2022

just had 2 gallons of motor oil delivered, that will keep both cars going for ages-they dont use much, given that oil is a product in the news at the moment because of the war and prices in the shops and online are going crazy and will only increase in the future, I thought it was a good move especially as I got a good price.

I'll be picking up a load of growbags tomorrow from my local farm supply store.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Straight Shooter - 9 March 2022

Been out this morning .....bought another 12 kilos of bread flour 6 kilos of self raising flour and 6 kilos of plain flour
Also lemons and oranges were on offer so I grabbed 15 of each , 2 bags of brown onions , bag of carrots , 3 celery
I will dehydrate all of it over the coming days I will add this to the rest of my dried store selection .

More herbs were bought yesterday , ready to add to wild child’s herb garden ....I will start making all the support stands come the weekend .

Ordered two ten metre coils of propane gas hose .....I have clips and regulators and a twin burner ....to give me another string to my bow .

never been able to keep flour for long, it all goes "mealy" and smelly.