Survival UK Forums
What have done towards your prep? - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Discussion Area (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: An Open Box (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+--- Thread: What have done towards your prep? (/showthread.php?tid=1010)

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Straight Shooter - 9 March 2022

I vacuum pack most of mine BP .....in any event I have a store of grain again vacuum packed with oxy absorbers , if you recall I milled some at the start of covid and baked a few loafs ....packed in 2011 .....all good ! I must have 200 kilos stored ....should be good for another 18 years . Btw I threw some of that grain into a bucket of soil .....with excellent results ! .

RE: What have done towards your prep? - bigpaul - 9 March 2022

Pasta is just flour I believe, I cant and dont eat it myself, but if one stored that, then it could be ground up in a pestel and mortar and used as flour when required, or so my wife says, might be an idea.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Pete Grey - 9 March 2022

Thanks for the reminder guys, definitely need some grow bags (and more compost) and some LPG gas hose.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - bigpaul - 10 March 2022

got the growbags this morning at Mole Avon, got 3 large tubs coming on Monday(courier) in addition to what I've already got.
will have to trim some trees next week, branches are growing in the wrong direction and if they came down would be on top of the cars, the larger pieces will got in my firewood stash.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Pete Grey - 11 March 2022

Paid £1.64 litre for petrol today, no doubt it will get a lot dearer. Ordered more coal, collected some more potting compost.

Watching the six nations, come on Wales ???????, do England ??????? a favour and hammer the frogs.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Straight Shooter - 12 March 2022

Sorry Pete ......your on your own ! Lol .

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Beardy_McNormous - 13 March 2022

I stocked up the pantry again, replacing what the kids have eaten. 3 Jerry cans of diesel put away and the tank topped up. Ad Blue was on sale so picked up 2 of those.
Bought a still a while back, so I have a sugar wash fermenting away, ready to make some moonshine next week. Or hand sanitiser, officer…

Debating if I should buy the crossman 2250 or the smk cp2

Trying to find a cheap hen house so we can pick a few chicks

RE: What have done towards your prep? - bigpaul - 13 March 2022

(13 March 2022, 09:13)Beardy_McNormous Wrote: Debating if I should buy the crossman 2250 or the smk cp2

both are good guns, but the Ratcatcher is just that, a short range gun.
I'd go for the SMK, and did.

Oh yeah, 2 more UV-5Rs on route, normal dual band ones, not the fancy new tri-band variety. Will have 5 in total, one for each of us.

Also ordered a pasta machine, kids present to the Mrs for Mother’s Day.

(13 March 2022, 09:25)bigpaul Wrote:
(13 March 2022, 09:13)Beardy_McNormous Wrote: Debating if I should buy the crossman 2250 or the smk cp2

both are good guns, but the Ratcatcher is just that, a short range gun.
I'd go for the SMK, and did.

Hey BP!

Thanks for the info. If I can find a local one then I will, if not will have to hit up Pellpax and get one delivered!

I’ve got that BSA Ultra I bought from NR years ago, but the tench regulator failed so no it’s not great for days out shooting - have to take a pump with me.