Survival UK Forums
What have done towards your prep? - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Discussion Area (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: An Open Box (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+--- Thread: What have done towards your prep? (/showthread.php?tid=1010)

RE: What have done towards your prep? - bigpaul - 23 January 2023

Costco store is a 60 mile round trip from me, not really financially viable and you have to be a member and you have to be in their listed occupations to join at that.
nope I'll still with Lidl and Asda thank you very much.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Straight Shooter - 23 January 2023

Yes you’re right BP Costco it’s not for everyone , we will still use Lidl’s and Tesco's …..in the news today Tesco's are top …Aldi's is now in fourth place ? Go figure ! But quality wise Costco is excellent for the bit that we have seen at a very good price, for us it’s well worth the trip , given once a month or even two months for a restock .

RE: What have done towards your prep? - bigpaul - 24 January 2023

the nearest Costco is in a city, I dont really DO cities any more and the trip would take all morning (we are morning people), maybe even longer, our usual monthly trip to Lidl and Asda takes about 3 hours there and back, the journey takes longer than the time in the stores.
dont like Tesco that much, Lidl is better quality, did try Aldi a couple of times but stuff was just chucked on the floor like some sort of jumble sale and there was no order to it so we'll stick to Lidl, we only shop in supermarkets for tinned and packeted stuff once a month, fresh produce and meat is bought locally.
off to ATS this morning to get my tracking checked, then buy some eggs on the way home.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - harryhotspur - 24 January 2023

Costco does fuel about 15p ltr less than anywhere else
I use it to bulk buy but you do need to know what is a good offer and what isn't
I did notice they had SAD lamps a while ago, someone on here might be interested lol

RE: What have done towards your prep? - bigpaul - 24 January 2023

15p off isnt much of a saving if its a 60 mile round trip to get it.
our local filling station is Texaco and its one of the cheapest in this area and its less than a mile from my front door.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Barneyboy - 24 January 2023

(20 January 2023, 03:51)Mortblanc Wrote:
(14 January 2023, 17:59)Barneyboy Wrote: Oh I see shame about the American lot they were good source of entertainment and knowledge

What is the "shame"??

You actually believe BP about anything? Shame on you! He can't look at a weather rock and tell if it is raining!

I don't know what he said, and have not cared for several months, since I had the pleasure of using the "ignore feature" on him and no longer see or want to see any of his delightful misconceptions and mythology.

If you wish to see when someone is "here" or gone for good why don't you use the information available on the forum and go to their profile page and look down in the second section at the last date and time they logged onto the forum.

You don't have as many secrets as you think.

In fact, you folks all live within a few miles of each other and if you would loosen up a smidge you could have done the last two pages as a text message. It has simply not been survival forum related material, so me, and perhaps CH also, have had no comments.

There is simply nothing here to comment on. 25 sections in the discussion forum, 18 without a post in 6 months, 9 with no posts for a year, 9 threads ended with a flippant dismissal by by the resident whatever you want to label him.

I log on, check the "new posts" search and if there are none I leave.

There are very active forums to access, even on the British side.

Sorry you feel that way I asked if there any guys from the USA that is all he said there are some that is all , no malice at all ,we in the uk are all very close to each other in distance because it’s a small country,but pretty bloody mighty

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Mortblanc - 24 January 2023

Are there Americans??? Really???

BB I have been here for ten years and have 3400 posts in the forum.

Charles Harris has been here 9 years and has 1500 posts.

We have both answered hundreds of questions about the American side of the pond, the situations, the conditions, the climate, the economy, and politics. Apparently you read none of them. Not a single post.

You have been here for 10 years and did not know we were Americans????

You can not possibly know how I feel, so don't try. Obviously you know nothing about me, even after ten years and 3400 posts, so You will be wrong.

Now I understand why you do not share your phone numbers even with long term members of the forum. Please excuse me for that comment.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - bigpaul - 25 January 2023

all BB said was it was a shame the American members didnt seem to be posting, no need to be rude.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Straight Shooter - 25 January 2023

Well here we are ! Just a handful left on this forum ……it’s no wonder why people do not post or write threads ……with all the problems facing all of us ….we busy ourselves with shit of no consequence at all , nothing of a positive nature is coming our way ….it’s all negative , it’s unbelievable to spend the time and effort replying to this rubbish , there is lots of pain …..but zero gain for anyone I mean anyone ! ……for fuck sake guys shape up or ship on out ! It’s up to YOU .

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Barneyboy - 25 January 2023

(24 January 2023, 23:10)Mortblanc Wrote: Are there Americans??? Really???

BB I have been here for ten years and have 3400 posts in the forum.

Charles Harris has been here 9 years and has 1500 posts.

We have both answered hundreds of questions about the American side of the pond, the situations, the conditions, the climate, the economy, and politics. Apparently you read none of them. Not a single post.

You have been here for 10 years and did not know we were Americans????

You can not possibly know how I feel, so don't try. Obviously you know nothing about me, even after ten years and 3400 posts, so You will be wrong.

Now I understand why you do not share your phone numbers even with long term members of the forum. Please excuse me for that comment.

MB what are you talking about I haven’t been on here for 2 years ish I asked bb if the USA lot were still on here he said yes some ,that was it ,of course I knew you were American I never said otherwise,I really can’t see the problem here