Survival UK Forums
Point the finger... - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Projects (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=47)
+--- Forum: User Experiences (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=88)
+--- Thread: Point the finger... (/showthread.php?tid=2301)

Pages: 1 2

Point the finger... - Prepaday - 6 August 2012

If TSHTF who knows what will happen? I just saw this and thought MAYBE? this could help or give an idea to someone? Well... you never know?

Just conduct this simple test: Place the tip of your fingernail against the reflective surface and if there is a GAP between your fingernail and the image of the nail, then it is a GENUINE mirror. However, if your fingernail DIRECTLY TOUCHES the image of your nail, then BEWARE! IT IS A 2-WAY MIRROR!

Anyone thought of a two way mirror as defense for their bug out place?, Shed,home etc?

RE: Point the finger... - Hrusai - 6 August 2012

what an interesting idea! personally i rely on simple intuition to detect such things, placement of mirror, purpose, and light seeping through, noises etc. but its great to have a concrete way of telling! thanks prepaday Big Grin

RE: Point the finger... - Prepaday - 6 August 2012

I lurv this site, So far no-one has laughed at me or sla gged my ideas or my way of thinking, I have ideas which I am often to nervous to post as another site made me feel thick and stupid....
I feel happier to post my ideas suggestions and feedback on here now. Thanks guys n galls x

RE: Point the finger... - Hrusai - 6 August 2012

every bit of information is useful, wether its something as seemingly mundane as a concrete test for a mirror! you never know what situations you could find yourself in, and i think we all know and accept that, which is why anything useful is not laughed at Big Grin

keep on posting suggestions and ideas....every little helps xD

RE: Point the finger... - Tigs - 6 August 2012

have to agree wth Hrusai, you never know what will work or fail untill someone tries it out and as for strange or weird ideas ( thinking out of the box ) remember world war 2 when the uk stood alone and faced invasion some of the best things that saved us where strange ideas , such as exploding rats , a bouncing bomb , rubber tanks and a lighting array that mimicked a whole town to mention just a few , so keep them comming and you might be surprised someone on here might have already tried some of them out

RE: Point the finger... - bigpaul - 6 August 2012

never mind point the finger...give them the finger!!Tongue

RE: Point the finger... - Kenneth Eames - 7 August 2012

Prepaday, Keep posting, I don't think anyone on this site will shoot you down. We have a completely different clientelle than most other sites. I have found that all of your contributions certainly contain information of value. Thank you for these. Kenneth Eames.

RE: Point the finger... - bowdrill - 21 August 2012

Just wondering were did u find that out
Infomation not shared is a waste Smile keep posting

B/d

RE: Point the finger... - Cestrian - 21 August 2012

great information, must check mirrors at work 0_o

RE: Point the finger... - Scythe13 - 7 September 2012

That's some good knowledge. No doubt 99% of people wouldn't have a clue about this bit of knowledge. But I guess there's nothing stopping someone putting a pane of glass against the 2way. But it's hugely unlikely!!! Great info mate, keep it coming!!!

To give you an idea of how other sites are, I got banned from another prepping site for going camping in the winter!!! Amazingly, I've not been banned from here for trying new stuff out. Neither have I been banned for how badly I fail at those new things (see bread making challenge).

This site is the S13 Number 1 Prepping site!!!!!