Survival UK Forums
Diary of a Survivalist- Bugging Out Part 1. - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Discussion Area (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: An Open Box (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+--- Thread: Diary of a Survivalist- Bugging Out Part 1. (/showthread.php?tid=2911)

Pages: 1 2

Diary of a Survivalist- Bugging Out Part 1. - BrixhamBadger - 13 October 2012

RE: Diary of a Survivalist- Bugging Out Part 1. - Pagan-Mist - 13 October 2012

Good luck with it hun look forward to reading about it

RE: Diary of a Survivalist- Bugging Out Part 1. - NorthernRaider - 13 October 2012

Lost interest after he starts off wearing Brown cammo in a green field thenm has his rucksack so badly loaded that its weight is on his hips instead of his shoulders, he will be crippled within 5 miles.

RE: Diary of a Survivalist- Bugging Out Part 1. - Pagan-Mist - 13 October 2012

Lol I know that feeling from experience a badly loaded back pack is not something I'm gonna try again in a hurry

RE: Diary of a Survivalist- Bugging Out Part 1. - Tigs - 13 October 2012

made me laugh he said that he was bugging out with minimal kit yet the back pack was nearly as big as him!!

RE: Diary of a Survivalist- Bugging Out Part 1. - NorthernRaider - 13 October 2012

We had to do 3 days survival in the field in the TA Paras back in the 70s with what we could get in the pockets of our Para smocks or Denison Smocks.

RE: Diary of a Survivalist- Bugging Out Part 1. - Wildman - 13 October 2012

As long as the land your living off iss healthy your pack should be only that big If your moving campWink

RE: Diary of a Survivalist- Bugging Out Part 1. - Tigs - 14 October 2012

(13 October 2012, 21:56)Wildman Wrote: As long as the land your living off iss healthy your pack should be only that big If your moving campWink

lol but he said he would have more if he was moving camp!!!! Big Grin

NR did that in the 90's too with the regulars also did 72 hour escape and evasion were we only had a survival tin kit and a knife , now that is fun !!

RE: Diary of a Survivalist- Bugging Out Part 1. - NorthernRaider - 14 October 2012

(14 October 2012, 06:30)Tigs Wrote:
(13 October 2012, 21:56)Wildman Wrote: As long as the land your living off iss healthy your pack should be only that big If your moving campWink

lol but he said he would have more if he was moving camp!!!! Big Grin

NR did that in the 90's too with the regulars also did 72 hour escape and evasion were we only had a survival tin kit and a knife , now that is fun !!

I got caught by 1 Para Sad bastards stripped me nekked and left me tied up in a dog kennel for 2 hours, I became an ultra fast learner about fieldcraft after that, NO ONE ever caught me again !!! Smile
If that Merkin tried to climb a bank / tree or slope or slipped onto his back he would'nt be able to get back up again without taking his pack off. He is a walking kit doner, an early christmas pressy for any passing skilled bushcrafter.

RE: Diary of a Survivalist- Bugging Out Part 1. - Tigs - 14 October 2012

(14 October 2012, 09:33)NorthernRaider Wrote: I got caught by 1 Para Sad bastards stripped me nekked and left me tied up in a dog kennel for 2 hours, I became an ultra fast learner about fieldcraft after that, NO ONE ever caught me again !!!

erm what year was that? Rolleyesit was a favourite little trick of ours Tongue