Survival UK Forums
the 12 day rule. - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Discussion Area (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: Threats and Risks (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+--- Thread: the 12 day rule. (/showthread.php?tid=4767)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

the 12 day rule. - bigpaul - 13 April 2013

anybody heard of this?? seems in a large event humans need 500 calories per day, somewhere dry and warm, and need a minimum of 6 hours rest per 24 hours, failure to get all this the body shuts down and people start dying......could be then when TSHTF we would be looking at a large die off 12 days+ after the actual event.

RE: the 12 day rule. - Mandlaka - 13 April 2013

That sounds about right to me because a lot of folks will suddenly have no access to water...

By the time a month has passed, a lot of sheeple will have expired even if they had everything but messed up on having water...

I however think it prudent for us to allow for at least a month to see how things turn out. We of course make sure we handle our business etc...

RE: the 12 day rule. - bigpaul - 13 April 2013

(13 April 2013, 10:19)Mandlaka Wrote: That sounds about right to me because a lot of folks will suddenly have no access to water...

By the time a month has passed, a lot of sheeple will have expired even if they had everything but messed up on having water...

I however think it prudent for us to allow for at least a month to see how things turn out. We of course make sure we handle our business etc...

yes, i reckon a month is the very minimum we would stay hidden, under cover, keep our heads down, and just let the general mayhem proceed. after a month a lot of people would have left or died.

with a very small population here anyway, after a month there COULD be very few people left to bother us.

RE: the 12 day rule. - preservefreak - 13 April 2013

that's interesting, I didn't think people could survive on only 500 calories a day. Lack of water and sanitation will be a big problem for many. I think a lot of people round here will give themselves heavy metal poisoning drinking from the local stream. Adn that's before people start dumping shit into it

(13 April 2013, 11:12)preservefreak Wrote: that's interesting, I didn't think people could survive on only 500 calories a day. Lack of water and sanitation will be a big problem for many. I think a lot of people round here will give themselves heavy metal poisoning drinking from the local stream. Adn that's before people start dumping shit into it

thank goodnes for a rural area and a low population.

RE: the 12 day rule. - preservefreak - 13 April 2013

lucky you ^^

(13 April 2013, 11:27)preservefreak Wrote: lucky you ^^

YEAH!!Big GrinBig Grin now you know why we picked this place when we wanted to come home to Devon.

RE: the 12 day rule. - TheFalcon - 13 April 2013

(13 April 2013, 11:29)bigpaul Wrote:

YEAH!!Big GrinBig Grin now you know why we picked this place when we wanted to come home to Devon.

Have you got a spare room for me BPTongue

RE: the 12 day rule. - Mandlaka - 13 April 2013

(13 April 2013, 11:54)TheFalcon Wrote:

SPARE ROOM OR NOT, I AM heading over to BP's retreat...Smile

Funny how so many city folks do not understand how disease spreads like wildfire when water becomes scarce...

(13 April 2013, 11:54)TheFalcon Wrote:

nope, 2nd bedroom is a walk in wardrobe.

(13 April 2013, 12:20)Mandlaka Wrote: SPARE ROOM OR NOT, I AM heading over to BP's retreat...Smile

Funny how so many city folks do not understand how disease spreads like wildfire when water becomes scarce...

i reckon a lot of it is down to weight of numbers, more bodies means more hosts for the diseases.