Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the 12 day rule.
13 April 2013, 10:10,
the 12 day rule.
anybody heard of this?? seems in a large event humans need 500 calories per day, somewhere dry and warm, and need a minimum of 6 hours rest per 24 hours, failure to get all this the body shuts down and people start dying......could be then when TSHTF we would be looking at a large die off 12 days+ after the actual event.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
13 April 2013, 10:19,
RE: the 12 day rule.
That sounds about right to me because a lot of folks will suddenly have no access to water...

By the time a month has passed, a lot of sheeple will have expired even if they had everything but messed up on having water...

I however think it prudent for us to allow for at least a month to see how things turn out. We of course make sure we handle our business etc...
Prepper Kid: when will the sheeple wake up to the reality?
Prepper Parent: When it is too late to begin prepping for it.
13 April 2013, 10:22, (This post was last modified: 13 April 2013, 10:24 by bigpaul.)
(13 April 2013, 10:19)Mandlaka Wrote: That sounds about right to me because a lot of folks will suddenly have no access to water...

By the time a month has passed, a lot of sheeple will have expired even if they had everything but messed up on having water...

I however think it prudent for us to allow for at least a month to see how things turn out. We of course make sure we handle our business etc...

yes, i reckon a month is the very minimum we would stay hidden, under cover, keep our heads down, and just let the general mayhem proceed. after a month a lot of people would have left or died.

with a very small population here anyway, after a month there COULD be very few people left to bother us.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
13 April 2013, 11:12,
that's interesting, I didn't think people could survive on only 500 calories a day. Lack of water and sanitation will be a big problem for many. I think a lot of people round here will give themselves heavy metal poisoning drinking from the local stream. Adn that's before people start dumping shit into it
Do not rush to meet Death, he may not wish to see you.
13 April 2013, 11:25,
(13 April 2013, 11:12)preservefreak Wrote: that's interesting, I didn't think people could survive on only 500 calories a day. Lack of water and sanitation will be a big problem for many. I think a lot of people round here will give themselves heavy metal poisoning drinking from the local stream. Adn that's before people start dumping shit into it

thank goodnes for a rural area and a low population.
13 April 2013, 11:27,
lucky you ^^
Do not rush to meet Death, he may not wish to see you.
13 April 2013, 11:29,
(13 April 2013, 11:27)preservefreak Wrote: lucky you ^^

YEAH!!Big GrinBig Grin now you know why we picked this place when we wanted to come home to Devon.
13 April 2013, 11:54,
(13 April 2013, 11:29)bigpaul Wrote:

YEAH!!Big GrinBig Grin now you know why we picked this place when we wanted to come home to Devon.

Have you got a spare room for me BPTongue
Todays mighty oak is just yesterdays nut that held its ground
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king
13 April 2013, 12:20,
(13 April 2013, 11:54)TheFalcon Wrote:

SPARE ROOM OR NOT, I AM heading over to BP's retreat...Smile

Funny how so many city folks do not understand how disease spreads like wildfire when water becomes scarce...
Prepper Kid: when will the sheeple wake up to the reality?
Prepper Parent: When it is too late to begin prepping for it.
13 April 2013, 12:52, (This post was last modified: 13 April 2013, 12:53 by bigpaul.)
(13 April 2013, 11:54)TheFalcon Wrote:

nope, 2nd bedroom is a walk in wardrobe.

(13 April 2013, 12:20)Mandlaka Wrote: SPARE ROOM OR NOT, I AM heading over to BP's retreat...Smile

Funny how so many city folks do not understand how disease spreads like wildfire when water becomes scarce...

i reckon a lot of it is down to weight of numbers, more bodies means more hosts for the diseases.