Survival UK Forums
Food Shortage? - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Discussion Area (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: Food Production (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Food Shortage? (/showthread.php?tid=4794)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Food Shortage? - bigpaul - 17 April 2013

there is always going to be the opportunity for food shortages, in this instance is because of the horrendous weather we have had, a farmers wife friend of the OH has been complaining they cant get the spring seed into the ground because the ground is still too wet.

RE: Food Shortage? - MaryN - 17 April 2013

(17 April 2013, 11:54)SecretPrepper Wrote:
(17 April 2013, 11:24)Straight Shooter Wrote: Right now, potatoes, onion sets, broad beans, peas, carrots, radish, lettuce, cabbage, kale, chives, parsley, ....in the greenhouse tomatoes, cucumbers, parsnips, swede, cabbage, leeks, ....wifey stuff flowers ....in the poly tunnel..... potatoes, broad beans, peas, onion sets, lettuce, radish , in general around the ground.......plums, quince, damsons, apples, pears, cherries, raspberries, red and black currants, rhubarb, blueberries, nectarines, strawberries, elder trees, gooseberries, wild strawberries, and a big chair where I have a wiff

Wow quite the garden. I just can't wait to get started.

Wow, S! I think you are hiding your gardening light under a bushel!

RE: Food Shortage? - Straight Shooter - 17 April 2013

exactly BP that's why food stuffs will be out of reach to a lot people prices will spike up.....and stay up, same for meat extra feed cereals will send prices upwards , the only way out is grow your own and as much as you can, keep chickens if you possibly can or maybe some rabbits anything to supplement you diet is better than doing sweet FA ....haul arse as they say in the U S A

RE: Food Shortage? - Highlander - 17 April 2013

I have carrots, onions, radish, lettuce cabbage, cauliflower, peas, and potatoes [ in containers ]...all in my new polly tunnel.... coming up nicely..Smile

RE: Food Shortage? - uks - 18 April 2013

Now that the frost nights have disappeared, I planted in seed trays.
Carrots, board beans, runner beans, peas, chard, lettuce, beetroot, radishes with more to go in. The POL chickens we got a few weeks ago are coming on great 6 eggs a day at the moment on the smaller side, but 2 are laying full size double yolkers.

RE: Food Shortage? - Geordie_Rob - 18 April 2013

Uks, be careful of late frosts. I found this out a few years ago. My spuds were ruined.

RE: Food Shortage? - uks - 18 April 2013

(18 April 2013, 08:06)Geordie_Rob Wrote: Uks, be careful of late frosts. I found this out a few years ago. My spuds were ruined.

They are in cold frames

RE: Food Shortage? - Straight Shooter - 18 April 2013

Most all my stuff is covered with cloches or fleece , but your right rob ...always keep an eye for late frosts, check your local weather reports, anyone who grows will get caught out now and then, that's how you learn ....its a costly lesson in money but more important time investment you cannot get back