Survival UK Forums
Bespoke rucksack - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Discussion Area (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: Kits (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=81)
+--- Thread: Bespoke rucksack (/showthread.php?tid=5221)

Bespoke rucksack - BeardyMan - 6 June 2013

I'm in discussions with a company with a view to get a completely bespoke backpack made up. They can do pretty much whatever is required, only sticky point is that I need to have at least 25 made up.

I still need to get a design down and a list of requirements to the company before I will get a final quote, but they're looking to be in the £80 to £90 range (for 60 litres + rocket pockets)

Now I'm not expecting anyone on here to say they're gonna want to buy one, but is anyone interested in helping with the specification & design stage? There's no point me having 25 packs made specifically for myself. There really is lots of room for flexibility and adaptation.

I can get these branded any way I want, so there are options to have it with whatever you would like on there (obviously nothing copywritten or naughty)

So, any idea's guys an girls, or thoughts in general?

RE: Bespoke rucksack - Scythe13 - 6 June 2013

Side pockets on the waistband!

Phone/radio clip/acceptor on the shoulder strap.

Waterproof lid with map case underneath.

Forgot to mention, I don't really like rocket pockets, so having them detatchable would be ideal for me (but I'm not sure if I'll be getting one as wife has a birthday prepping present for me).

RE: Bespoke rucksack - BeardyMan - 6 June 2013

(6 June 2013, 16:22)Scythe13 Wrote: I don't really like rocket pockets, so having them detatchable would be ideal for me

Aye, that's one of the main things, MUST have detachable side pockets. I want to be able to move them to the front of the bag too if necessary, so there's gonna have to be a few attachment points round the bag.

RE: Bespoke rucksack - uks - 6 June 2013

small solar panel or some sort of holder for one

(6 June 2013, 16:30)uks Wrote: small solar panel or some sort of holder for one

Big Grin

That's a beauty!

Dunno if I can go as far as getting a panel pre-installed, but no reason why a holder can't be incorporated.

Obviously no matter what spec I send to the company there are going to be things that just aren't cost effective to add, but this one's going on the "definite" list.

RE: Bespoke rucksack - uks - 6 June 2013

Have a look at flexible panels maybe able to sew on into the top cover or on the back.

(6 June 2013, 16:38)uks Wrote: Have a look at flexible panels maybe able to sew on into the top cover or on the back.

Built in rain cover double sided one camo and the other urban

RE: Bespoke rucksack - Scythe13 - 6 June 2013

Would be good to have bungee cord on the side, so you can replace a rocket with a machete or firearm.

Aye, I would like "holsters" on the side, between the pack and pouch for machete and axe