Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bespoke rucksack
6 June 2013, 16:11,
Bespoke rucksack
I'm in discussions with a company with a view to get a completely bespoke backpack made up. They can do pretty much whatever is required, only sticky point is that I need to have at least 25 made up.

I still need to get a design down and a list of requirements to the company before I will get a final quote, but they're looking to be in the £80 to £90 range (for 60 litres + rocket pockets)

Now I'm not expecting anyone on here to say they're gonna want to buy one, but is anyone interested in helping with the specification & design stage? There's no point me having 25 packs made specifically for myself. There really is lots of room for flexibility and adaptation.

I can get these branded any way I want, so there are options to have it with whatever you would like on there (obviously nothing copywritten or naughty)

So, any idea's guys an girls, or thoughts in general?
6 June 2013, 16:22, (This post was last modified: 6 June 2013, 16:24 by Scythe13.)
RE: Bespoke rucksack
Side pockets on the waistband!

Phone/radio clip/acceptor on the shoulder strap.

Waterproof lid with map case underneath.

Forgot to mention, I don't really like rocket pockets, so having them detatchable would be ideal for me (but I'm not sure if I'll be getting one as wife has a birthday prepping present for me).
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
6 June 2013, 16:26,
(6 June 2013, 16:22)Scythe13 Wrote: I don't really like rocket pockets, so having them detatchable would be ideal for me

Aye, that's one of the main things, MUST have detachable side pockets. I want to be able to move them to the front of the bag too if necessary, so there's gonna have to be a few attachment points round the bag.
6 June 2013, 16:30,
small solar panel or some sort of holder for one
Failure is NOT an option
6 June 2013, 16:33,
(6 June 2013, 16:30)uks Wrote: small solar panel or some sort of holder for one

Big Grin

That's a beauty!

Dunno if I can go as far as getting a panel pre-installed, but no reason why a holder can't be incorporated.

Obviously no matter what spec I send to the company there are going to be things that just aren't cost effective to add, but this one's going on the "definite" list.
6 June 2013, 16:38, (This post was last modified: 6 June 2013, 16:39 by uks.)
Have a look at flexible panels maybe able to sew on into the top cover or on the back.

(6 June 2013, 16:38)uks Wrote: Have a look at flexible panels maybe able to sew on into the top cover or on the back.

Built in rain cover double sided one camo and the other urban
Failure is NOT an option
6 June 2013, 16:43,
Would be good to have bungee cord on the side, so you can replace a rocket with a machete or firearm.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
6 June 2013, 17:09,
Aye, I would like "holsters" on the side, between the pack and pouch for machete and axe