Survival UK Forums
Introducing: THE BEAST! - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Discussion Area (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: Security (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: Introducing: THE BEAST! (/showthread.php?tid=6886)

Pages: 1 2 3

Introducing: THE BEAST! - Ian Haines - 1 May 2014

Hi, Guys...

This is "The Beast" (although it has other names, I'm told). I got it from Blades UK, and it's an MTech item. MTech are really starting to up their game!

It's (1) deliciously heavy, (2) is 15.25 inches overall length, (3) has a 9.5 inches long blade, and (4) the blade's width is around 4.0 mm. (5) Those saw teeth are full-width of the blade, too - not just thin-on-top teeth that wear down after cutting some twigs!

The (6) grip is wood, (7) the pommel/breaker is unforgiving - note-to-self: plaster wall, yet again! You really feel as if you've got a chunk of steel in your hand with this baby.

It's such a babe, I've just replaced the large knife that I've worn religiously, every day, all day long, for 7 years (after a burglary), with this! Bye, bye, "Predator" - hello, "The Beast"!

I honestly can't remember the price (I think it was approximately thingy-quid, though). It is now a nice addition to my cute collection and I love it so much, I've just ordered another 2 of them.

(In the same order, I got myself a very nice Katana and that's my first official ownership of any Japanese style sword...goodness knows what took me so long to add Japanese to the list, though.)

Ian.

RE: Introducing: THE BEAST! - Sunna - 1 May 2014

the last time i introduced my beast i was up before the judge...Tongue

can you battern with it, i got a ak47 bayonet a few weeks ago with a saw teeth top it just trashed all the wood i used as a hammer.

RE: Introducing: THE BEAST! - BeardyMan - 1 May 2014

Looks very much like a cheap knock off of the TOPS Punisher

The wife has agreed that it's a very cool knife, and that I definitely deserve one. I'm currently working on the "when I'm allowed it"

What steel is used in the M-Tech Ian?

RE: Introducing: THE BEAST! - Barneyboy - 1 May 2014

£212 good god ,for a blade ,a fool and there money comes to mind

(1 May 2014, 17:19)Barneyboy Wrote: £212 good god ,for a blade ,a fool and there money comes to mind

No point earning it if I don't enjoy it. May as well get minimum wage job an buy cheap shit yeah?

RE: Introducing: THE BEAST! - bigpaul - 1 May 2014

nothing wrong with cheap shit, no point in paying over the odds for something, there's a difference between getting value for money and being ripped off.

and at that price someone is definitely being ripped off.

(1 May 2014, 17:45)bigpaul Wrote: nothing wrong with cheap shit, no point in paying over the odds for something, there's a difference between getting value for money and being ripped off.

and at that price someone is definitely being ripped off.

You get what you pay for. That's like saying a £40 rifle scope is as good as a £400 scope. Wrong

I see no point in paying over the odds for something, a fair price is a fair price but an exorbitant amount is a rip off.

besides if I get something for a decent price, I can spend the difference on something else.

just cos something costs 10 times what something else does, dosent mean its better, that's just what they want you to think.

(1 May 2014, 17:57)bigpaul Wrote: I see no point in paying over the odds for something, a fair price is a fair price but an exorbitant amount is a rip off.

It's all about the materials when it comes to blades. And in a "survival knife" one wants the best available. Lateral strengtht is vital. What do you think would be worth betting your life on? A £40 knife or something hideously over engineered?

suit yourself. I know which I prefer, and its not something that looks like an overpriced Rambo reject !!!Tongue

your money, your decision, nuff said.