Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Introducing: THE BEAST!
1 May 2014, 06:41,
Introducing: THE BEAST!
Hi, Guys...

This is "The Beast" (although it has other names, I'm told). I got it from Blades UK, and it's an MTech item. MTech are really starting to up their game!

It's (1) deliciously heavy, (2) is 15.25 inches overall length, (3) has a 9.5 inches long blade, and (4) the blade's width is around 4.0 mm. (5) Those saw teeth are full-width of the blade, too - not just thin-on-top teeth that wear down after cutting some twigs!

The (6) grip is wood, (7) the pommel/breaker is unforgiving - note-to-self: plaster wall, yet again! You really feel as if you've got a chunk of steel in your hand with this baby.

It's such a babe, I've just replaced the large knife that I've worn religiously, every day, all day long, for 7 years (after a burglary), with this! Bye, bye, "Predator" - hello, "The Beast"!

I honestly can't remember the price (I think it was approximately thingy-quid, though). It is now a nice addition to my cute collection and I love it so much, I've just ordered another 2 of them.

(In the same order, I got myself a very nice Katana and that's my first official ownership of any Japanese style sword...goodness knows what took me so long to add Japanese to the list, though.)

Ian.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sign on my back door: "Dear Burglar: Name anybody who will be looking for you beneath my floorboards!"
1 May 2014, 11:15,
RE: Introducing: THE BEAST!
the last time i introduced my beast i was up before the judge...Tongue

can you battern with it, i got a ak47 bayonet a few weeks ago with a saw teeth top it just trashed all the wood i used as a hammer.
Survive the jive (youtube )
1 May 2014, 14:18,
Looks very much like a cheap knock off of the TOPS Punisher

The wife has agreed that it's a very cool knife, and that I definitely deserve one. I'm currently working on the "when I'm allowed it"

What steel is used in the M-Tech Ian?
1 May 2014, 17:19,
£212 good god ,for a blade ,a fool and there money comes to mind
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
1 May 2014, 17:42,
(1 May 2014, 17:19)Barneyboy Wrote: £212 good god ,for a blade ,a fool and there money comes to mind

No point earning it if I don't enjoy it. May as well get minimum wage job an buy cheap shit yeah?
1 May 2014, 17:45, (This post was last modified: 1 May 2014, 17:49 by bigpaul.)
nothing wrong with cheap shit, no point in paying over the odds for something, there's a difference between getting value for money and being ripped off.

and at that price someone is definitely being ripped off.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
1 May 2014, 17:51,
(1 May 2014, 17:45)bigpaul Wrote: nothing wrong with cheap shit, no point in paying over the odds for something, there's a difference between getting value for money and being ripped off.

and at that price someone is definitely being ripped off.

You get what you pay for. That's like saying a £40 rifle scope is as good as a £400 scope. Wrong
1 May 2014, 17:57, (This post was last modified: 1 May 2014, 18:01 by bigpaul.)
I see no point in paying over the odds for something, a fair price is a fair price but an exorbitant amount is a rip off.

besides if I get something for a decent price, I can spend the difference on something else.

just cos something costs 10 times what something else does, dosent mean its better, that's just what they want you to think.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
1 May 2014, 18:03,
(1 May 2014, 17:57)bigpaul Wrote: I see no point in paying over the odds for something, a fair price is a fair price but an exorbitant amount is a rip off.

It's all about the materials when it comes to blades. And in a "survival knife" one wants the best available. Lateral strengtht is vital. What do you think would be worth betting your life on? A £40 knife or something hideously over engineered?
1 May 2014, 18:06, (This post was last modified: 1 May 2014, 18:18 by bigpaul.)
suit yourself. I know which I prefer, and its not something that looks like an overpriced Rambo reject !!!Tongue

your money, your decision, nuff said.