Survival UK Forums
Ukraine - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Discussion Area (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: Threats and Risks (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+--- Thread: Ukraine (/showthread.php?tid=9725)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Ukraine - bigpaul - 6 March 2022

true, it just seems a bit petulant thats all. like some school playground bully, which is exactly what he is.

RE: Ukraine - Ajax - 6 March 2022

(5 March 2022, 10:08)bigpaul Wrote:
(4 March 2022, 19:33)Ajax Wrote:
(4 March 2022, 15:21)bigpaul Wrote: another Russian lover.

Big Pail was that particular Hegelian Dialectic aimed at me - Ajax? If so you might want to resight your scope. Russia are a pawn in the game as is Ukraine. I don't care about either country as they are tools, as is the UK. I care about what is left after all the pieces on t he board have been moved. Only that.

I apologise if I am wrong, but the post I replied to sounded like the writings of a Russian troll.

You have no need to apologise, friend. I do not get offended. I am on a couple of these types of sites and you should see the comments I get over there - again, not offended, just weary, just tired of the same old comments and digs.
I am not 'pro' anyone. I just know that sanctions will hurt Europe (all of us) more than it will hurt Russia.
I have an awareness of how awful things can get here in the UK and the thought of the desperation and possible violence which could (note 'could' - I'm not saying it will) be prevalent in our society makes me feel greatly uneasy. The fact that I cannot get one neighbour to take vegetable seeds from me for FREE and plant them (I even offered to dig on their behalf and do all the work) leaves me feeling more frustrated than I can express.
I'd had a bad day when I last typed on here and that is no excuse for my poor behaviours.

I apologise unreservedly to every single member on the forum for my latest outburst.
I am in the wrong.
I accept this.
My frustrations are no ones fault here and it is wrong of me to bring my frustrations here.
My sincere and unreserved apologies to any an all that I have upset.
Peace, dudes.

(4 March 2022, 22:36)LAC Wrote: Ajax, you're either a complete head case or a F***ing Genius!

Seriously though, your thought provoking words terrify and amuse me at the same time.

I do understand some of the deeper stuff you're saying, and maybe others here do too but just don't talk about it much.

I'm just a humble guy that has learned a few skills, but I constantly question how it will be in shtf? Although I think most here agree a slow shtf has been going on for a long time now, but what would a sudden more intense one really be like? During covid all of the predictions about sheeple behaviour played out, got enough bog roll boy? Oh yes a whole trollies worth, oh that's nice, do you have enough food to wipe off with it? Errrr glazy eyed look. I watched one guy in the early days of covid when the shelves started to clear just sort of hovering around the bread and rolls, picking this, then picking that, then putting back, then grabbing others, totally panicked and totally clueless, it was just total animal instinct behaviour.

I like you also feel like I'm being driven and guided to this thing called prepping, call it ancestral, call it spiritual, call it memory genes, or maybe a combination of all of those things? And I still don't know if there really is a deeper reason to it or not, but I strongly feel there is. Maybe that time is now fast approaching when we will know...

I love the headcase/genius bit. ;D In some circles there is a belief that a fine line is drawn between the two. I think anybody watching all this is likely to be pulling their hair out a little, especially when trying to encourage others to get growing and being rebuffed.

I watch this unfolding situation. I calculate as many possible outcomes as I can. I then start working out probabilities. A bit like Joshua on war games when he plays tic-tac-toe against himself lol. I then compare this to what info is being made available and look at the 'pieces on the board' as i call them. Sometimes it is easier to predict what comes next and sometimes it is hard.

Yes, you are right, this has been going on a long time. 2020 was the opening salvo, designed to weaken the supply chain. It worked. This war in one of the most important farming counties is another big blow. Note the timing: March - the soil is warming up and farmers want to get planting. Note the areas being affected. This is all intentional.

I understand what you say about witnessing others shopping. Personally I stayed well away from all the supermarkets at that time. Your comment about glassy eyes resonated with me and I have a vivid mental picture now. Some of them would seem to be on autopilot and not really there and others would be more animated and potentially more aggressive, and all over bum napkins. I hate to think how it will be if it is the food. The length of this conflict and the sanctions will be the deciding factor on that one.
As for feeling driven: always follow your instincts. They seem pretty good to me.
Good luck, mate.

I'm not so sure about the sanctions hurting us more than Russia, I think thats what all the threats to Britain are about, they ARE having an effect.

(6 March 2022, 13:53)bigpaul Wrote: I'm not so sure about the sanctions hurting us more than Russia, I think thats what all the threats to Britain are about, they ARE having an effect.

That is certainly possible. We are sending troops in though. NATO mercs are already poking about out there too. Can you imagine if a Russian kills a NATO guy? This could escalate very quickly.

Nato is sending troops to strengthen Nato member countries, that is well known, some vets are going from the UK but not in any official capacity and its about 60 of them I think so not huge numbers.
the war is not going Russia's way, its much slower that they thought, 10 days? they thought it would be all over in two!

RE: Ukraine - Skean Dhude - 6 March 2022

They hoped it would be over in two but that wasn't the plan. The plan is to minimise civilian casualties to ensure we don't give a united front. Imagine a world where all the stores of oil and gas are on one financial system and the buyers on another. An alternative swift. That is more likely to lead to ww3 than anything else.

(6 March 2022, 15:01)Skean Dhude Wrote: They hoped it would be over in two but that wasn't the plan. The plan is to minimise civilian casualties to ensure we don't give a united front. Imagine a world where all the stores of oil and gas are on one financial system and the buyers on another. An alternative swift. That is more likely to lead to ww3 than anything else.

well they got the civilian bit wrong, they tried to say they werent shelling residential areas but the evidence proves them wrong.

2nd cease fire has been violated by Russian Troops, civilians shelled and killed as they tried to evacuate.

RE: Ukraine - Pete Grey - 6 March 2022

Putin is like a spoilt child, if he sees a toy and is told he can’t have it he would rather destroy it so no one else can.