Survival UK Forums
Ukraine - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Discussion Area (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: Threats and Risks (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+--- Thread: Ukraine (/showthread.php?tid=9725)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Ukraine - LAC - 14 March 2022

Putin plays the long game...

https://youtu.be/9S5MdGgjA4A

RE: Ukraine - Joe - 14 March 2022

The big concern is the UKs aircraft carrier just entered the Clyde estuary today and we know Coulport is only a few miles away. I suspect we are loading up on nukes.
GPS jamming is active in its operational area at the moment.

Source- Notam.

RE: Ukraine - bigpaul - 15 March 2022

Ukraine and Russia have a shared history, I doubt we have been told the full story.

RE: Ukraine - harryhotspur - 15 March 2022

(14 March 2022, 23:33)Joe Wrote: The big concern is the UKs aircraft carrier just entered the Clyde estuary today and we know Coulport is only a few miles away. I suspect we are loading up on nukes.

Source- Notam.

Biggest Naval exercise in 30 years, been planned for years, yeah right!
Called Exercise Cold Response
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/uk-armed-forces-join-largest-arctic-exercise-in-30-years

RE: Ukraine - Ajax - 16 March 2022

(14 March 2022, 23:33)Joe Wrote: The big concern is the UKs aircraft carrier just entered the Clyde estuary today and we know Coulport is only a few miles away. I suspect we are loading up on nukes.

Source- Notam.

I used to make a lot of our stuff, you know that right?

The Russians are not a single bit worried about anything we have. Okay?

If this goes hot, then please find a safe place to hide.
I have been called a 'pro 'Russia or whatever.
If there is a person who finds themselves listening to mainstream media and then bashes those who know or have contacts - then the word 'propaganda' goes out the window in my book- this is brain washing at it very best.

In war EVERONE WILL tell lies, if it suits their cause.

What is my position?

I AM ANTI WAR!

I do not care what colour or flavour it comes in - it is bad for anyone who is not a multi billionaire with their own bomb shelter. Many normal people (in many countries) are going to DIE unless there is a massive de-escalation soon.
I DO NOT want to see anyone die.
Sadly many have already. It is an awful waste.

Look, I have seen up close some of the things the Russians have - I know what we have (I built the sh!t) - my advice is not to play this game.

Right, and then I dig about. A lot of this cannot be confirmed. Yeah, a lot of American stuff cannot be confirmed either. At this stage do any of us want to take this big of a risk?

I had a good dig about on old Soviet prototypes recently. Many were 'decommissioned' or so they say. Were they though?
Has global technology moved on since the sixties or has it not?
Some 'experts' say the tech I looked at was shut down as it was unethical - may i just ask W T A F!
Is a Thermobaric bomb, a neutron bomb, a hydrogen bomb or a nuclear bomb NOT UNETHICAL?!

You tell me?

Why would anyone shut down a weapons system or a new weapon platform because of ethics? What kind of argument is this even?
What is the point of a war? To kill the other guys and win, right? Where does ethics come into any of this?
I saw some presentation and it stank of western propaganda and of molly-coddling; the kind of inane platitudes you give to a small child to get them to sleep in their own bed and to not piss in it.
I'm not even putting the Russian prototype file number up here - screw the damn name calling, I am done with it! That was just one aircraft. Don't get me started on the missiles and the subs or EW systems.
I've seen recent rubbish on MSM that states 'facts' that I KNOW are not true - seen with my own eyes.

Thankfully no one is allowed to discuss anything these days.
The last thing anyone needs is the truth or anything close to it, right?

Am I still a tad frustrated? You betcha!

Best wishes all.

RE: Ukraine - Joe - 18 March 2022

Ajax I suspect you are under estimating the Uk war machine, the Uk might not have thousands of nukes like Russia or the US but they are more than likely ahead in technology. Haven’t you heard the story of the Uk nuking the US ? During a training exercise the Uk managed to evade the most sophisticated air defence systems in the world.
230 nukes delivered correctly and accurately can do a lot of damage, the Russians allocated three per target due to redundancy.

RE: Ukraine - bigpaul - 18 March 2022

this war is not advancing far, Russian troops are mainly conscripts and they are taking heavy casualties, 7,000 dead, 21,000 captured or surrendered, loads of tanks and 80 aircraft destroyed, sure they are bombing the hell out of apartment blocks but that only makes some 80 year old granny want to pick up a gun and fight.
mention of peace talks on the news but this is MSM so take it with a pinch of salt.

RE: Ukraine - Ajax - 18 March 2022

(18 March 2022, 14:26)Joe Wrote: Ajax I suspect you are under estimating the Uk war machine, the Uk might not have thousands of nukes like Russia or the US but they are more than likely ahead in technology. Haven’t you heard the story of the Uk nuking the US ? During a training exercise the Uk managed to evade the most sophisticated air defence systems in the world.
230 nukes delivered correctly and accurately can do a lot of damage, the Russians allocated three per target due to redundancy.

Look, mate, I'm not here for a slanging match or a fight.
I am not pro-Russia. I am not pro war as it takes a long time to wash innocent blood off your hands, which I have.
I read your post on N Korea and understand where you are coming from completely. I too would prefer to pick my poison. There is propaganda on both sides and we'd be daft to dismiss this fact. Speaking tactically, the more info one has, the better. Filter out what you know to be rubbish (did you see the piece about one of our helos? I almost spat my tea out laughing), have a good dig about on stuff you are not too sure about, and keep tabs on the stuff you know about.
I call it the info triangle. One side is the narrative; then there is the counter narrative; and the meeting point is where you are a tad more likely to find a rare nugget of truth.

With respect, how am I underestimating the systems I built?
Feel free to PM me here with links or more info so as we don't take up this chat board or start another dog-pile.
I was up at mad O'clock and have not stopped all day and am getting a bit too tired to field line drives, tbt
Happy to chat here if you wish to, pal. All the best, mate.

RE: Ukraine - Joe - 18 March 2022

Ajax ? You’ve lost me. Ok you built the Uk nuclear strike network?

RE: Ukraine - Ajax - 19 March 2022

(18 March 2022, 19:46)Joe Wrote: Ajax ? You’ve lost me. Ok you built the Uk nuclear strike network?

I tried to reply. It was wiped out. My typing was erased - This happens all the time - don't think you are special.

No I did not make 'blue streak'! My grand father worked on it. He was the rocket scientist in my family. I did not learn calculus till much later in life (teenage).
Gramps team could not get Blue Streak's guidance systems to function and the project was scrapped. Why do you think you have Trident? Why do you think the UK has to ask 'permission' to do anything? We are NOT independent- don't let Bullsh!t tell you other wise.

Look up Woomera and project Blue streak.

As for UK Nuclear- NOPE! I was far too young. I watched, listened and questioned.
My best friend was the nuclear scientist in our village - his team made Sellafield, among other things.
We spoke a lot - Christmas, birthdays , Easter ... . his wife could not make a baby, and so they doted on me. Later his wife died. Our get togethers became more important to him - we would talk about WW 2 and the death in London - and he found it terrifying, he was a young boy. Yes, we discussed fission and fusion reaction, and missiles and why some things do and do and not work. Later I discussed my avionics and aeronautics works ( he had full home office clearance as did I) we never leaked ... many other things did. He was the only person who was on the same level as me. The jokes we made would sail over the heads of so many.
NO! I am an ass hat. I can make stuff fly... that's about it. I can make one thing talk to another thing - yup, they do their little dance. Nope, I don't know much - not compared to my best pal- Yeah I miss him loads and I miss our mind-bending conversations.
I have good stuff going on here. I love all the life that is happening all around me. Occasionally I miss the insane conversations i could have about physics, nuclear physics or advanced maths.
Thankfully both my best friend and his wife knew the Christ very well and we will all see each other very soon.
Yesterday in the early hours I was given Ezekiel 4:16 and once I had washed my face and given praise, I was given Revelation 18:3.
You will do with this as you will. It is none of my concern. You have free will. You will do what you will do.
I am going home soon. This world is ended. I have been hopeful and I have grieved. I am no one. The only one who changes your mind is you. I'm not getting involved with any of that. No, that is you and your choice - I am not here to bounce in on any of that. The world is unravelled very soon and I'm here to help and build but only for a short time. I may get to meet some of you all, depending on your choices. Once the enemy of my Holy God is shown and all of this is out in the open - well, that is a whole different chapter. Then I can't do very much except go to war - it's why I am here! I pray and do not want to. I have no power to pray against EL, who made me and neither do you - we are all brothers and sisters.
Your final destination is YOUR choice though. It really is up to you. If you think the world is heading in the right direction and progress us being made, then that is fine - if you feel you are living in the upside down and that nothing is making any kind of sense ... just know you do have the chance to go home again.
You all know who wins in the end though, right? .
I feel the quickening that brings battle, do any of you wonderful people feel it too?
twill be my honour to stand by your shoulder when it finally comes.
Do not fear; this body is not you ... you are all of you so much more than you can imagine.
This prepper stuff is going to get so much harder and darker than you could have imagined. None of you are alone. You DO have YOUR free will. Intervention is impossible without your permission. I know you will do what is correct by you. i find you miraculous and fragile; just as you find me irascible and bonkers.
Don't hold on too tightly here. The snakes are moving and then it is total scorched earth protocol.