Survival UK Forums
Ukraine - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Discussion Area (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: Threats and Risks (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+--- Thread: Ukraine (/showthread.php?tid=9725)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Ukraine - Skean Dhude - 19 March 2022

Ajax, I too have been involved in our military infrastructure for decades and have seen what is available and I'm with you on the situation.

However, the issue is not us, it is that we have politicians that believe we can have a limited nuclear war and that they can control where an engagement will lead.

This no fly zone is an example. If we set one up then we would have to shoot down a Russian jet in there. That will drag whomever does it into the war and it would escalate from there. Yet I have heard many politicians think it is a good idea. Luckily, slightly, saner heads seem to be in control atm.

We shouldn't even be involved here. We didn't get involved over the last 8 years as the ukraine has been killing the very civilians that everyone is wringing their hands about now.

We are living through the decline of the Western civilisation, and have been for over 30 years. It has become obvious over the last few years and is now clear to anyone that looks at it without rose tinted glasses.

RE: Ukraine - Tartar Horde - 19 March 2022

Rising powers in the East.
Debased currency.
Pressure on the borders.
Essential products & Food not under direct control.
Political class living in opulence and totally deluded.

This was Rome in the late 4C just before it all went so very wrong. These patterns are concurrent through all Civilisation, the Wheel keeps turning folks.

RE: Ukraine - bigpaul - 19 March 2022

(19 March 2022, 13:19)Tartar Horde Wrote: Rising powers in the East.
Debased currency.
Pressure on the borders.
Essential products & Food not under direct control.
Political class living in opulence and totally deluded.

This was Rome in the late 4C just before it all went so very wrong. These patterns are concurrent through all Civilisation, the Wheel keeps turning folks.

"People that fail to learn the lessons of history are destined to repeat them"!!

RE: Ukraine - Ajax - 21 March 2022

(19 March 2022, 10:00)Skean Dhude Wrote: Ajax, I too have been involved in our military infrastructure for decades and have seen what is available and I'm with you on the situation.

However, the issue is not us, it is that we have politicians that believe we can have a limited nuclear war and that they can control where an engagement will lead.

This no fly zone is an example. If we set one up then we would have to shoot down a Russian jet in there. That will drag whomever does it into the war and it would escalate from there. Yet I have heard many politicians think it is a good idea. Luckily, slightly, saner heads seem to be in control atm.

We shouldn't even be involved here. We didn't get involved over the last 8 years as the ukraine has been killing the very civilians that everyone is wringing their hands about now.

We are living through the decline of the Western civilisation, and have been for over 30 years. It has become obvious over the last few years and is now clear to anyone that looks at it without rose tinted glasses.

100% spot on, mate. We should stay out. A no fly zone is a terrible idea.
Ukraine has been killing civvies for 8 years, 100% true.
I wonder why (not really it was the start of an invasion) 60,000 of them were so close to Donbass in the first place? Seems like they were pipped to the post. Well, boo-hoo.
Western civilisation has been in decline, absolutely. No argument here from me on that fact.
We have seen censorship and free speech shut down online: MePipe, Twatter and Farcebook being the worse offenders. We have seen de-platforming too. There is a lot of wannabe Comrades who need training up in how to rat their pals out properly.
We have seen sanctions imposed before ... but we have not seen entire countries being "de-banked" for the want of a better term. We have not seen a country grab the assets of foreign civilians before.
Be assure the rest of the world are watching how the American government is acting just now. They are feeling uncomfortable because of the message.
The message is: "do as we say, or we'll steal your money."
Do you think the rest of the world are going to put up with that cr@p? Neither do I.
The best thing other countries can do now is dump the dollar as fast as possible and trade in other currencies. India and Russia have already agreed a Rupee to Rubel exchange for oil recently. They do not need the American dollar as a reserve note any longer.
Obviously this is going to be a sh!tstorm for the USA, Euro and all the rest, but we could all see it coming - except for Sniffy Joe, apparently.

RE: Ukraine - CharlesHarris - 29 March 2022

Ukraine SITMAP from French MOD

https://www.defense.gouv.fr/sites/default/files/ministere-armees/Situation%20en%20Ukraine%20au%2029%20mars.pdf

RE: Ukraine - Mortblanc - 4 April 2022

Looking at recent reports and seeing the sights typical of warfare in built up areas.

All those civilian bodies in the suburban streets; those are the guys that "bugged in". Flimsy doors and locks mean nothing to soldiers.

All those bodies in shot up civilian cars; those are the guys that bugged out. Even at top speed your Polo can't outrun a bullet.

All in all I am seeing the results of a slow learning curve from the civilian population. Absolutely ZERO situational awareness.

If the enemy is on the streets don't go outside, stay away from windows (cover all windows if possible), avoid roads under obvious observation and/or machine gun cover!

It reminds me of the incident several years back when the terrorist was walking around in circles with a British soldier's severed head in one hand and a bloody knife in the other and a little old lady walked right past him pulling her shopping trolly. Completely oblivious to anything around her.

RE: Ukraine - CharlesHarris - 5 April 2022

This also reminds me of the CIA shootings on January 25, 1993, outside the CIA headquarters campus in Langley, Virginia. Lack of situational awareness was a factor contributing to several of the deaths. CIA personnel who had recently returned from overseas assignments left manouvering distance ahead of their vehicles in the que and were able to take prompt evasive action to save their lives. Because personal weapons are prohibited on the CIA campus none of the waiting employees were armed. The vehicle que was outside the gate and security perimeter so no armed personnel were present to engage the active shooter.

Pakistani national Mir Aimal Kansi killed two CIA employees in their cars as they were waiting at a stoplight and wounded three others. At around 8 a.m. on January 25, 1993, Kansi stopped a brown Datsun station wagon behind a number of vehicles waiting at a red traffic light on the eastbound side of Route 123, Fairfax County. The vehicles were waiting to make a left turn into the main entrance of CIA headquarters. Kansi emerged from his vehicle with an AKM semi-automatic rifle, and proceeded to move among the lines of vehicles, firing a total of 10 rounds, killing Lansing H. Bennett, 66, and [my neighbor] Frank Darling, 28. Three others were left with gunshot wounds. Darling was shot first and later received additional gunshot wounds to the head after Kansi shot the other people. According to the CIA press release, "all of the victims were full-time or contract employees with the agency." No other details were revealed.

Kansi fled the country and was placed on the FBI Ten Most Wanted Fugitives list, sparking a four-year international manhunt. He was captured by a joint FBI–CIA/Inter-Services Intelligence task force in Pakistan in 1997 and rendered to the United States to stand trial. He was found guilty of capital and first-degree murder, and was executed by lethal injection in 2002.

RE: Ukraine - bigpaul - 5 April 2022

sheeple will always have "Normality Bias" its in their DNA they cant help it.
the thing is we have had settled times in the West for many years and people get used to it.
even the Ukrainian war, its so far away most people ignore it or at most its something on the news, its just something that is happening somewhere else not here, oh sure they put a few pounds in a tin somewhere or give some clothes to a charity but thats only so they can be seen doing these things.

RE: Ukraine - Joe - 5 April 2022

Mort the people who bugged out early are now sitting in a safe country watching Netflix, the bodies are those that bugged in and/or bugged out late. Every situation needs a calculated response based on the emerging threat Bugging in mindset or Bugging out mindset doesn’t work, ideally it depends on the situation. I can be a bit guilty of having the bugging out mindset but really I should consider both equally and apply it to the situation.

On the subject of what happens next, it’s worth looking at history and how does selling oil in any currency apart from Dollars works out.

Interestingly some people are making money out of this, the US will now be selling lots of oil and everyone wants the latest weapons. I wonder who just bought shares in those markets.

RE: Ukraine - bigpaul - 5 April 2022

the bodies are of those who could not bug out, mostly due to health or age.
I do hope the UK govt sees sense in the light of the Ukraine war and stops the downgrading of our armed forces and increases defence spending but when has any UK govt, of any party, ever done anything sensible?