Survival UK Forums
BOB Food - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Discussion Area (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: Food (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Preparing (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+---- Thread: BOB Food (/showthread.php?tid=984)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: BOB Food - Binnie - 25 May 2013

(25 May 2013, 09:44)NorthernRaider Wrote: I was raised on Brit army Compo rations and they were superior to MRE and the modern shite we feed our troops.

i quite enjoy the modern boil in the bag ones, , i was in the army cadets at the time of the crossover, i wish modern rat packs had bacon grill in them though!!

RE: BOB Food - Mooski88 - 25 May 2013

(25 May 2013, 09:55)Binnie Wrote:
(25 May 2013, 09:44)NorthernRaider Wrote: I was raised on Brit army Compo rations and they were superior to MRE and the modern shite we feed our troops.

i quite enjoy the modern boil in the bag ones, , i was in the army cadets at the time of the crossover, i wish modern rat packs had bacon grill in them though!!

I LOVE bacon grill! Live on the stuff. I have two tins in my bob right now. Yummy!

RE: BOB Food - Binnie - 25 May 2013

yeah i eat it almost every week, asda near me stocks it, but in the next city they dont? random!

Oh i also keep milk powder in my BOB, only a small amount, but enough to whiten a brew

RE: BOB Food - NorthernRaider - 25 May 2013

Yup I never go without at least six tins of Bacon grill in my cupboard at home, I'm addicted to it, especially when served with beans and a fried egg, plus fried bread................ God I can feel my arteries hardening now !!!

RE: BOB Food - bigpaul - 25 May 2013

personally we eat FRESH wherever possible, tins are only for emergencies or in the winter when we cant get fresh.

RE: BOB Food - Angelius - 28 May 2013

1kg or rice, 4 nice flavored rice packets and 4 tesco value ones, 8 snickers bars, chicken stock cubes for the rice and salt, need to add a bit more i think.

RE: BOB Food - Spandex228 - 29 May 2013

Yep mine is similar to most people I've just added some trail mix also

RE: BOB Food - BeardyMan - 29 May 2013

(24 May 2013, 18:50)NorthernRaider Wrote: MRE = Meal refused by ethiopians Smile they are bllody aweful and only issued to Merkins, we have ready cooked reheatable BIBs, Boil In Bags

MRE's / BIB's / whatever you want to call 'em - some are delicious, some are fecking hideous. All of them, however, "bung" you up for a few days. I've got 16 at home, that's almost 50 days of not using any TP.
May have to find a garage with a working jet wash after that though...

RE: BOB Food - The Ragman - 29 May 2013

I've now decided to stay away from MRE's as they stink and taste awful, so My BOB food list is:
6 mini sachets of oatmeal,
4 packs of Koo Lee Noodles,
100g (quick cook) mini pasta twists.
10 NaKd fruit bars 35g (various flavours),
2 phd protein sports bars,
4 Brunch choc and raisin bars,
10 dried fruit mini packs (various flavours)
2 Dextro tablet packs,

I also filled 4 empty tesco Vit C containers 2 with different flavours of Protein powders and 1 with a creatine based sports powder and the last with Spirilina Tablets.
and I'm a waiting a pack of 12 sports carb gels to be delivered.

Also inside the tube of my loo roll I have 5 sachets mixed flavour tom sauces,
4 mini sachets of sugars, 3 mini packs of Soya Sauce (pot noodle type) taped in a line and 6 mini kfc salt packets also taped in a line and and some kfc hand wipes all banded together.

I also carry a mini bottle of mixed spices which I make myself to aid digestion and keep down tummy bugs and parasites which is a mix of Tibetan Cinnamon, Ginger powder, turmeric and ground licorice root and can be made into a tea or added to food.

and 4 X 500ml bottles of water and a 2L water pouch plus back up, a 1L canteen on belt and expandable container all can be filled from stocks.

RE: BOB Food - bigpaul - 29 May 2013

if you eat that lot you'll need a PACK of toilet rolls not just one! there isn't one tiny bit of REAL food in that entire list.