Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
BOB Food
31 January 2012, 12:13,
BOB Food
I'm not sure if this question has been raised and answered before but I was wondering what items of food you have stored in your Bug Out Bag.
And why?

I have a few energy bars, cup a soups, hot chocolate sachets and super noodles. Basic stuff that can be prepared with hot water or eaten on the move.

Can you recommend anything that you view as an essential?
There's no Justice, There's Just Us.

31 January 2012, 12:34,
RE: BOB Food
He's my 1 day meal for my bob
2x MRE http://www.lookwhatwefound.co.uk/Page/Index.aspx
these can be eaten hot
4x Coffee sachets
Sugar, salt & pepper sachets
3x Wet wipes
2x Dextro's
2x Energy bars
Waterproof matches
2x Isotonic drink powders
Puritabs
Plus 1 pack seven oceans lifeboat buscuits to be used for 3 or 4 days.
31 January 2012, 12:35,
Almost the same as you Noodles and extra stock cubes for flavour, energy bars, museli bars, chocolate drink , boiled sweeties, curry powder to disguise the taste of iffy meats, chilli powder, oxos, salt, tea, coffee, sugar, whitener, compo biccies if and when I can snaffle them, packets of raisens, gum, mars bars if I have time to add fresh to the kit.

31 January 2012, 13:10,
(31 January 2012, 12:34)uks Wrote: 3x Wet wipes

HHmm, not sure I could eat three wet wipes, What do they taste like ? Rolleyes

31 January 2012, 13:22,
[/quote]

HHmm, not sure I could eat three wet wipes, What do they taste like ? Rolleyes
[/quote]

It is an accuired taste
31 January 2012, 13:44,
My BOB food is enough to maintain life while tasting great!

Loads of beef Jerky. It's got plenty of protein!!!
Loads of chocolate bars (the big ones. Tesco or Sainsburys own.) Chocolate lasts for YEARS beyond it's sell-by date. Also it has loads of vitamins. Carob is an equally good option, loads more vitamins (all the vitamins your body can't produce itself), but not as tasty.
Sachets of hot salsa powder (as NR said, to disguise weird tasting meat. YUCK!!! Chav's taste minging!!!)
Energy shots (the 5 hour energy red bull type)
Protein powder/meal substitude pouches.
Kendle mint cakes
Sachetes of energy drink mix.
Water purifiers (tablets and liquid drops)

The main item for food in the BOB is the book Forgaing. That will make all out other resources last LOADS longer.
31 January 2012, 14:46,
I've got the contents of a rat pack (minus the drinks. It's water or beer for me)
4 cheapo mars bar ripoffs
4 muesli bars (make that three - couldn't help myself)
sweets
bag of twiglets (I f'kin LOVE twiglets)
1 liter of water (maybe lime cordial mixed in with it)
1 330 ml flask with hot chocolate
2 hot chocolate sachets

but I also have a big knife, so I could possibly acquire more.
31 January 2012, 15:19,
(31 January 2012, 14:46)00111001 Wrote: 1 liter of water (maybe lime cordial mixed in with it)
You'd be better carrying more cordial than water.
If you're by a load of fields in the spring/summer, wrap a tshirt around your leg and start walking. The dew off the plants you're walking through will be absorbed by the Tshirt, and you can squeeze it into a bottle. Then you'll just be adding that cordial with a smile. haha
31 January 2012, 15:25,
(31 January 2012, 15:19)Scythe13 Wrote:
(31 January 2012, 14:46)00111001 Wrote: 1 liter of water (maybe lime cordial mixed in with it)
You'd be better carrying more cordial than water.

Aye, but if I want a quick drink to quench my mighty thirst I've gotta fanny around finding clean water to add to my cordial. Although I made the schoolboy error of not actually reading the thread title properly - this is my EDC, not my BOB Blush (Yeah - I'm hungry)

BOB has 2 whole rat packs in there and other assorted crap. Not that I would actually bug out anyway (unless the house was a'flame)

I'll definitely stick a couple of bottles of cheap cordial in with the supplies / BOB though. Would certainly be nicer than drinking water Smile
31 January 2012, 15:27,
The food in my BOB is enough to last me a couple of days before I have to start hunting or fishing.