Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Malay Airliner shot down over Ukraine 295 dead
17 July 2014, 16:56,
Malay Airliner shot down over Ukraine 295 dead
A Malasian Boing 777 with 295 people on board has been shot down by a BUK ground to air missile close to the Ukranian / Russian border. This could cause havoc in Europe. This may see the oil and gas get cut off.

NR

17 July 2014, 17:23,
RE: Malay Airliner shot down over Ukraine 295 dead
Yes I was just reading about this and it doesn't look good at all!

This also follows the shooting down of another Ukrainian military jet yesterday.

The other fear is that this could even act as a catalyst for either Russian Troops entering Eastern Ukraine or even some kind of Western involvement to improve security in the region. But Putin was clearly miffed off with the latest sanctions introduced by the US yesterday, so who knows what he will do next...
17 July 2014, 17:56,
I'm sorry but I don't understand this, RUSSIAN seperatists shoot down an unarmed civilian plane and RUSSIA is going to cut off the oil and gas????
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
17 July 2014, 21:35,
with the brioks starting a new world bank to rival the power of the $$$ things could get interesting.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-28317555
Survive the jive (youtube )
18 July 2014, 12:47,
a act of war .which is a worry
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
18 July 2014, 13:49,
Your 100% right Barney it is an act of war, however all our politicians are spineless so a HOT war is unlikely but I think my worst fears of an ECONOMIC war may come about.(below)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/markets...crash.html

The Ruskies assist the separatists and get caught red handed (below)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...-MH17.html

Everyone blames the Russians, sanctions, embargos and restrictions follow (FYI grain prices and gas prices are climbing already and the markets are falling) We sting the Russian economy as punishment and in no time at all Mad Vlad is likely to turn off the oil and gas supplies to the EU.

Best case scenario oil, gas, petrol and food prices go up
Worst case scenario oil, gas, petrol and food shortages this winter

18 July 2014, 16:26,
why don't we(the UK) mind our own business and let them sort it out themselves??
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
18 July 2014, 17:46,
(18 July 2014, 16:26)bigpaul Wrote: why don't we(the UK) mind our own business and let them sort it out themselves??

I know what you mean BP, but the problem here is that this does involve us (and many other countries).

It's looking increasingly like Russia was heavily involved, if not instrumental in what has happened, so should they be allowed to get away with murdering innocent civilians? Apparently 25% of the passengers were children.

This whole situation seems to be growing and Russia is not backing down or trying to deescalated it in anyway, First it was Crimea; then it was covertly supporting the separatists; now it's looking increasingly like Russia wants Eastern Ukraine and will do whatever it can to take it.

And then what follows that..... Estonia; Latvia; Georgia; Poland; Hungary - take your pick!

It has been reported in the last few days that Russia has again been massing armed forces in the region and Putin will clearly do whatever he wants.

It this incident goes unchecked, Putin will feel invincible and who knows, it could be the start of more state sponsored terrorism - just hypotheses I know, but the worry is things could 'easily' escalate from here.

Increases in food and energy costs are probably the least of our worries.
18 July 2014, 18:00,
bigpaul
why don't we(the UK) mind our own business and let them sort it out themselves??

Prolly because
(A) There was 9 Brits on the plane
(B) We get much of our wheat grain for our bread and animal feed, plus much of our natural gas from that area.

19 July 2014, 05:34,
we don't buy Russian gas ! ours is shipped in from Qatar its Europe that has to worry!
Ready for Anything
http://autonopedia.org/