Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RED ZONE ONLY, ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK.
11 August 2012, 10:05, (This post was last modified: 11 August 2012, 10:07 by NorthernRaider.)
RE: RED ZONE ONLY, ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK.
(11 August 2012, 09:57)WetanCold Wrote: I think nuclear war is a bigger threat now more so than during the cold war.

I disagree, I think the risk of a DIRTY bomb rather than a fission or fusion bomb is much more likely today. There was millions of nukes around in the 70s and 80s and some of them were briefcase sized or small artilary shell sized, but fortunately most of them have been scrapped. BUT there is now many hundreds of kilos of radioactive material missing from processing plants across the world not to mention the full sized nukes the Yanks and Ruskies LOST during the cold war.

I feel Osama Bin Trade unionist getting hold of something like a few pounds of Semtex and a lump of radioactive material and making a dirty bomb is far more likely. No mushroom clouds but the target area is HOT and uninhabitable for a very long time.
Overall my greatest fear for our future lies not with Islamists or IRA , or even our own EU / Uk govts, I think its most likely to be the Merkins who cause the next big war, every time they have economic troubles at home they find a foreign country to blame and attack it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: RED ZONE ONLY, ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK. - by NorthernRaider - 11 August 2012, 10:05