Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Documentary about man living self sufficiently - Leeds festival
12 November 2012, 12:19,
RE: Documentary about man living self sufficiently - Leeds festival
(11 November 2012, 20:48)PrepperJohn Wrote: I have lived in a converted van for over a decade and loved every minute. The van has sadly passed away to the great scrapyard in the sky and we have been forced to be a little more imaginative with our accommodation (I couldn't go back to living in a house). We will be moving into a caravan in the new year once I have made it habitable.

My dream would be to find a small parcel of land off the beaten track and build a low impact round house like the ones built by Tony Wrench or Simon Dale. It would be heated with a Rocket Mass Heater. I would collect my own water and contert all waste into valuable resources. I would grow/forage/hunt/gather my own food, brew my own beer, generate my own energy and generally be less of a burden on others. I would like to engineer my life in such a way that a good percentage of shtf situations would not actually impact on my way of life.

My main concern is healthcare so I may have to earn enough money to to have some sort of health fund or insurance.

If I were to achieve all this the last thing I would do is shout about it to the media
this is why most preppers keep away from journo's and so called "film makers", we dont plaster our mugs over the TV for all to see!!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Documentary about man living self sufficiently - Leeds festival - by bigpaul - 12 November 2012, 12:19