Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi From Northern Alberta Canada
10 March 2013, 21:33, (This post was last modified: 10 March 2013, 21:43 by RFB.)
RE: Hi From Northern Alberta Canada
Hi again, I keep forgetting we have many hours between us, I am on Mountain Time here. Luci we have Grizzly around here and Black Bears. Brown Bears are just overgrown Grizzly that live along the coast of Alaska nad BC. They feed mostly on salmon. Same as the Kodiak, they are a Grizzly that lives on the Kodiak Island of Alaska and have been found at 14 ft high when standing on their hind legs. Now you know why we never go in the bush around here without a heavy rifle. I carry a 45-70 Marlin when I know the Grizz are around with 400 plus grain hard cast bullets. With a problem bear you never get more than 1 or 2 shots if you are lucky. Largest predator on the planet. Pick up an AFrican Lion in its teeth and shake it like a doll. Or any other predator. It fears absolutely nothing not even man sometimes. Keeping all this in mind, many years a native woman picking berries in the fall killed a Grizzly near here with one shot from a .22 in the side of the head, a record bear. But she had nerves of steel and waited for her shot. She had no choice as the bear was folling her scent and was very very close. They can be taken with light calibres but only when they are not riled up.

Here is a picture of the native woman her .22 and the Grizzly she killed with it. http://www.angelfire.com/on2/LandOwner/i...IZLEY2.JPG

Pictures of a huge Brown Bear in Alaska. http://waterandwoods.net/2008/09/worlds-...zzly-bear/

Messages In This Thread
Hi From Northern Alberta Canada - by RFB - 10 March 2013, 03:02
RE: Hi From Northern Alberta Canada - by Tigs - 10 March 2013, 08:09
RE: Hi From Northern Alberta Canada - by uks - 10 March 2013, 08:10
RE: Hi From Northern Alberta Canada - by bigpaul - 10 March 2013, 10:39
RE: Hi From Northern Alberta Canada - by David075 - 10 March 2013, 14:34
RE: Hi From Northern Alberta Canada - by RFB - 10 March 2013, 15:47
RE: Hi From Northern Alberta Canada - by RFB - 10 March 2013, 21:33
RE: Hi From Northern Alberta Canada - by Hex - 14 March 2013, 18:55