Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
people increasingly divorced from the land.
12 November 2014, 21:53,
RE: people increasingly divorced from the land.
Totally agree BP ......when i was a lad you were taught life skills, Gardening , woodwork, pottery.....this really sets up a young lad, you never forget those skills, the thing is none of these things are taught no more, times have changed, people no longer need such skills, they buy all they need from the super markets in boxes with nice photographs on them , on the TV back about a year ago ....a reporter had a box of veg, in swansea town centre he asked kids to name the veg....they got carrot okay....but potato was a no go.....i,ll give you a clue he said ...they make chips from these.....the kid said mummy gets ours from the freezer they are in a bag .....they are not like that ! no one could recognize the beetroot. If i ruled the world all would have to learn gardening , cooking , needle work , woodwork , without exception ! Graphic Designers would be shot on site !
Al-right its hard work but the payoff is worth all the effort and taste nothing to compare.....even if you have some containers have a bloody go, finally when i was a lad all had to put time in on the allotment and garden, i was taught SURVIVAL even then by pretty much all the gardeners , dad and grandad, nothing to pull.... nothing for pot...... nothing to eat , most people are to bone idle to get out of their own way and to dull to have a headache or even better chasing money to buy a Mac and a gallon of coke....i have news......the money is no longer about.

Messages In This Thread
RE: people increasingly divorced from the land. - by Straight Shooter - 12 November 2014, 21:53