Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Union demands 27% hike in driver pay - to £54k
1 April 2012, 18:46,
RE: Union demands 27% hike in driver pay - to £54k
Is anyone else thinking what I'm thinking....? Time to learn to drive me a lorry. £54K a year to sit on my bum and take speed on long hauls (oh yes, there's something they don't tell you). I used to work on a very large (Europe's largest) overnight truck stop near Warrington (Poplar 2000). I was talking to a truck driver and he asked me if I had any Wizz. Me being naive thought me wanted to use the toilet to have a pee. But I got talking to him and he explained the thing that truck drivers did. They would up on amphetamines to help them stay awake over the long haul jobs. Do you remember that lorry driver that was dragging a car along the motorway and said he didn't realise? Here's a clue why he didn't realise......yes, you've guessed it....drugs. Odd how they never drug checked the lorry driver. They very rarely do. But when something goes wrong, like a crash or something, then it's always down to drugs. Weird that.

So anyway....screw this job. I'm off to learn to drive lorries!!! (even though I probably won't do that. I will certainly look into the practicalities of doing it along with the cost of training to be a lorry driver).
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin

Messages In This Thread
RE: Union demands 27% hike in driver pay - to £54k - by Scythe13 - 1 April 2012, 18:46