Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
How the Olympics are draining YOUR streets of police
22 April 2012, 14:53,
RE: How the Olympics are draining YOUR streets of police
(22 April 2012, 14:24)bigpaul Wrote: what about good old ARSON though Scythe? not bothering to steal, but just setting fires for the hell of it( we had a case of junior "firesetters"-thats what the fire brigade call them-around here just last year), if your up on the roof your going to be in a dangerous situation, my friend.

I've thought about that already mate.

The roofs are all linked, but they're not easy to get up to. So once I'm up there, I have free reign of about 6 or 7 shops. They actually lead to the carpark where I park my car, so I always have that as an option out. Because of opsec I'm not showing anyone my place, but if you were here, you'd realise the number of escape routes available. I actually think, in a riot situation or arson situation, being on my roof would be safer, just because I can then jump down to lower roofs nearby and can then go across them to get away from the situation.

(22 April 2012, 14:28)Prep Girl Wrote: Actually Scythe I think I've got you down to a T Smile

Okay then PG. But if you have a problem with what I'm saying, why not add an alternative for someone to think about, instead of making it into a personal attack and calling me out on the forum. If you have an issue with me as a person, please let's keep it to PM's, as it not cool to challenge people online when you don't know them, what they've done, what they're doing, what they've been through, and loads of other things.

Next time just say "I completely disagree. I think....." Like what I've done with WnC or BP or NR, or even SD, many times. WnC was getting it quite recently from me and TL in a discussion about going lightweight on our BOB's. There was no name calling, or calling anyone out, or anything like that. It was all very cordial and a good discussion, and we all learned a lot about hot to use a BOB and about each others perspectives. If you're not keen on doing that, then let's just not comment on each other? I think that's a reasonable resolution. Saying someone's opinion is not the same as yours is okay. But calling someone out and making it a personal attack saying they're full of hot air is just not cool.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin

Messages In This Thread
RE: How the Olympics are draining YOUR streets of police - by Scythe13 - 22 April 2012, 14:53