Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sheeple & the Defective 02 phone network
12 July 2012, 10:12, (This post was last modified: 12 July 2012, 10:13 by NorthernRaider.)
RE: Sheeple & the Defective 02 phone network
(12 July 2012, 09:13)Skean Dhude Wrote: BP,

The point of having it for emergencies is that if there is an emergency it is working. I don't think the system will identify your emergency call as an emergency over everyone just calling and talking for free because they are bored because O2 does free O2 to O2 calls.

The way I see this is that since the IRA, ETA, Al Quaeda etc started using cell phones as bomb detonaters and as means of coordinating attacks from multiple terrorists the government has set up ON/OFF switches for all cell networks that they control and can override the service providers. Thus having a cell phone for many emergencies is going to be a waste of time.

Imagine Al gebra and Al freco setting off a couple of bombs in Londonabad during the Olympics, you can be sure every ferkin cell system inside the M25 will get turned off.

AND, if they carry out spectaculars in more than one region they will turn off the entire system when WE need it most. This is why most uniformed services are now operating totally independent encrypted comms systems ( and rightly so).

This is why we need a reasonable medium range radio comms system that cannot be turned off unless the authorities jam the entire radio frequency spectrum. I want a CB that can do 10 to 15 miles for EmCom because cell phones are a fooking liability in our community.
(12 July 2012, 09:14)bigpaul Wrote: ?personally i can live without technology, i was brought up in an age before mobiles, computers, x boxes, i pads, hell when i was a kid we didnt even have supermarkets!!Tongue

They had not even invented steam engines when BP was a sprog Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sheeple & the Defective 02 phone network - by NorthernRaider - 12 July 2012, 10:12