Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK preparedness month?
29 July 2012, 20:52, (This post was last modified: 29 July 2012, 20:53 by NorthernRaider.)
RE: UK preparedness month?
The guys above neatly summerise my feelings on the issue, we may try and set a prep month up but (A) The media WOULD crucify us if they could and (B) The British welfare state / nanny state mentality would ensure is died off is no time at all.

* Note that until 911 and the statement issueds by the US Federal Government for people to start making 72 hour kits the UK govt always condemned any Brit of making preps as horders, extremists and excentrics who are anti social, selfish and fear mongers. Then after 7/7 they quietly dropped the constant vilification and started telling people prepping was OK.

I believe most strongly that the people we should be trying to help are those who have ALREADY decided there is a problem with society and ALREADY decided they need to do something about it and ALREADY started looking for groups and forums like this. Trying to enl;ighten the masses of great unwashed would be a waste of time and the publicity would soon turn negative.

Let us also not forget that more than a few forums, clubs, groups and individuals are looking at this issue for commercial gain reasons and not humanitarian reasons.
(29 July 2012, 18:10)bigpaul Wrote: .
i've just been trying to explain these facts on a certain other UK prepping site...the one where i found this thread....but they have closed minds they just dont get it...nothing new there then.

unwanted knitting patterns ?

Messages In This Thread
UK preparedness month? - by bigpaul - 29 July 2012, 13:56
RE: UK preparedness month? - by NorthernRaider - 29 July 2012, 14:21
RE: UK preparedness month? - by bigpaul - 29 July 2012, 14:35
RE: UK preparedness month? - by Lightspeed - 29 July 2012, 16:01
RE: UK preparedness month? - by bigpaul - 29 July 2012, 18:10
RE: UK preparedness month? - by bigpaul - 29 July 2012, 17:00
RE: UK preparedness month? - by Paul - 29 July 2012, 17:41
RE: UK preparedness month? - by NorthernRaider - 29 July 2012, 20:52
RE: UK preparedness month? - by bigpaul - 30 July 2012, 08:08