Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to survive snow - Except teachers
19 January 2013, 10:32,
How to survive snow - Except teachers
Ok, when I was a lad you went to school. If it rained, you went to school. If it was windy, you went to school. If it snowed, you most certainly went to school, coz that's where all the fun was.

What's this got to do with prepping ? Well, nothing if you are a teacher because at the first flurry you don your onesies and bleat at the tops of your voices about elf & safety, dangerous foot path in front of the staff room and over excited kids.

Seriously, this dross was served up on Radio 2 yesterday by no less than a Head Teacher. She sounded unconvincing and the presenter made her look the fool she was. Her increasingly shrill voice said it all. Just another excuse not to go to work.

Thing is, 30 years ago cars where shite compared to the ones we have today. You had to juggle choke, steering, wiping windscreen and no seatbelts. Still we made it to school, and the teachers were all proudly there, waiting to clip the ear of anyone making excuses such as black ice, drifts or blocked roads.

Back to prepping. I have snow shovels, salt, chains for my car and an extra few things in case I am unfortunate enough to be stuck. Not because I cant drive in snow, I can, but the numpty in front who went 40 in a 30 zone before realising you can stop on ice at that speed.

Look Teech, seriously, you set a bad example. You are the only industry that comes to a stop when it snows. Well, not the only one, Lido's do have a fair excuse though. You talk elf & Safety, yet a 747 with 6 million people on board can land and take off.

Stop bleating like petty-fogging jobsworths, grow a pair and get into school like our old school teachers used to, with dignity and pride, instead of sounding like a bloody victim all the time.

Rant over !!

Messages In This Thread
How to survive snow - Except teachers - by Weyoun - 19 January 2013, 10:32
RE: How to survive snow - Except teachers - by uks - 19 January 2013, 11:51