Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fun with saws and Scythe13's finger :-(
24 February 2013, 10:27,
Fun with saws and Scythe13's finger :-(
Hi everyone.

Okay, let me paint the scene for you.

Working nights, bored, alone, moving house tomorrow, plenty of wood going for scrap, a big ass wood saw laying near a builders tool box, one brilliant idea....learn to cut wood left handed!

Well....saws do jump, we all know that. Complacency sucks, we all know that, and now my finger hurts a lot and my hand is covered in blood. Damn fingers bleed more than I remember!

Anyway, to the story...that you've already guessed.

Started chopping wood and had almost finished (I was on the last block and final cut. Well, I was getting damn good at cutting left handed. Was very happy with my learning curve, and managed to get sawing very well. The rhythm was good, saw was smoothly cutting away, then....bump, hit a knot in the underside of the wood and then sawed deep into my middle knuckle on my right hand.

Not much fun!

There is a point to this.

I went over to the FAK and got myself a big bandage. Would have just got a plaster, but the blood was literally pouring out (thus the red hand mentioned earlier).

Am I okay? Of course. It's a beaut of a cut, right to the bone, but I'm fine. I'm so impressed with the saw's sharpness.....it's on my shopping list.

There is a moral to this story though, other than wear gloves when learning blade skills left handed, and that is.....I knew where the FAK was and I knew how to use it. Okay, that's not a moral, it's a moral in action.

Wherever you are, do you know where your nearest FAK is? Do you know how to clean a wound? Are you okay lifting flaps of skin up and cleaning under them? Are you able to hide the evidence so you won't get reported and lose your job haha?

It's a simple question and one I'm please to say, so far, I've been able to say yes to, are you able to self operate?
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin

Messages In This Thread
Fun with saws and Scythe13's finger :-( - by Scythe13 - 24 February 2013, 10:27
RE: Fun with saws and Scythe13's finger :-( - by MaryN - 24 February 2013, 21:31