Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A few thoughts on the state of things
8 April 2013, 15:43,
RE: A few thoughts on the state of things
Looks like I came to right place = )

To cover a few points raised:

1. Agreed re the content of precious metal coins, I mostly buy 0.1 ounce Krugers and silver american eagles which are one ounce so I keep them small, but yeah buying a pint of milk could be a problem = )

2. With the 3d printer and cnc/lazer cutter I was thinking garage manufacturing, creating everyday items for my family and friends consumption or even for trade. Same as the beer brewing.

Of course if things get really bad lack of electricity could be a problem, but I don't know if things will get that bad, possibly they will. I did think about the reliability of a constant supply of plastic, that could be problematic too but again it depends how bad things get.

Any thoughts on solar panels?

3. Well I am not a financial expert but if our sales are anything to go by the big money is definitely battening down the hatches, but that should be apparent to anybody out there. It's more a case of my ten years in the finance industry bringing me to the realisation the world economy is a pack of cards waiting to blow over.

4. Yes I will start stashing cans of food, I guess I kind of avoided this as gold coins are easy to hide by the wife might start asking uncomfortable questions if she comes across crates of tesco's spaghetti in the garage = )

I don't foresee a complete breakdown in society, I see more of an increasingly government controlled, centrally planned economy arising and eventually soviet style rationing/bread queues situation. Of course I could be completely wrong.

On the subject of Argentina, if anybody has read any good books on these sorts of periods in history feel free to recommend.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A few thoughts on the state of things - by Sardo_Numpsa - 8 April 2013, 15:43