Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Cheap chicken breasts in south east northumberland
29 April 2013, 22:24, (This post was last modified: 29 April 2013, 22:26 by Binnie.)
RE: Cheap chicken breasts in south east northumberland
There were guys caught removing dyed deadstock (died in transit, the opposite of livestock) from a chicken plant in Scotland.

I don't think it made the papers, and if memory serves they were eastern Europeans doing it on a very small scale and selling to thier own micro communities.

But I can assure you it DID happen.

If you buy direct from the abattoir, and they aren't on the fsa "cause for concern" list, then it's gonna be decent stuff.

No matter where you buy tho, the seller should be able to provide you the approval details of where it came from, in the case of fresh from the slaughterhouse, anything I buy had the numbers uk1106ec for beef and lamb (mcintosh Donald, Portlethen) Or uk1100ec for chicken (Grampian country foods, Coupar Angus)

Folk in the North, check your supermarket chicken labeled "Scottish", most of it will have come from uk1100 ec

Oh and if you see a number on a packet, just Google it, most of them come up as the first hit
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cheap chicken breasts in south east northumberland - by Binnie - 29 April 2013, 22:24