Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gonna attempt another North East RV...
18 May 2013, 13:14, (This post was last modified: 18 May 2013, 13:14 by Northumbriman.)
RE: gonna attempt another North East RV...
(18 May 2013, 12:52)Little Lou Wrote: I'm a Southerner by location, a female, and a newbie, but I'd really, really like to come. I could get a train and walk it from there, and it would be damn good training for my fat unfit body too.

The last problem is that I don't have my proper walking boots with me - it's a long story, but they're in Cumbria with my sister, and until July I'll have to make do with trainers. I can walk a few miles in those, but if the terrain is very rough over a prolonged stretch then it's probably best if I don't.

I'll totally understand if this combination of hideousness makes you all run for the hills, and a short PM to the effect of 'Bog off' will be quite enough to keep me away from both the thread and the RV. But if any of you feel you could bear it, I promise a) not to hold you up, and b) to match you pint for pint at the pub. I'm just a desperate prepper who's never yet had a chance to meet with other people who won't think she's mad, and would kind of like to take this chance if I can.

Fully expecting to be told to go away, but I thought I'd try anyway.

Louise
Definitely welcome as far as I am concerned. The walk in mind is easy going and on good paths so no problem for non hiking boots.

(18 May 2013, 12:52)Little Lou Wrote: I'm a Southerner by location, a female, and a newbie, but I'd really, really like to come. I could get a train and walk it from there, and it would be damn good training for my fat unfit body too.

The last problem is that I don't have my proper walking boots with me - it's a long story, but they're in Cumbria with my sister, and until July I'll have to make do with trainers. I can walk a few miles in those, but if the terrain is very rough over a prolonged stretch then it's probably best if I don't.

I'll totally understand if this combination of hideousness makes you all run for the hills, and a short PM to the effect of 'Bog off' will be quite enough to keep me away from both the thread and the RV. But if any of you feel you could bear it, I promise a) not to hold you up, and b) to match you pint for pint at the pub. I'm just a desperate prepper who's never yet had a chance to meet with other people who won't think she's mad, and would kind of like to take this chance if I can.

Fully expecting to be told to go away, but I thought I'd try anyway.

Louise
Definitely welcome as far as I am concerned. The walk in mind is easy going and on good paths so no problem for non hiking boots.
An old scout is full of rescource, that is he can find a way out of any difficulty or discomfort. (Lord Robert Baden Powell)

Messages In This Thread
RE: gonna attempt another North East RV... - by Northumbriman - 18 May 2013, 13:14