Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to pass on the need to survive !
2 January 2012, 02:16, (This post was last modified: 2 January 2012, 02:17 by mikebratcher69.)
RE: How to pass on the need to survive !
Depends if they're willing to listen, if they are you can educate them, if not your flogging a dead horse.
Some people are survival minded, others are of a materialistic can't manage without my prada shoes type.
Prepping and survivalism in general attracts ridicule from people, I dont know why as in the old days people grew there own food or prepared for times without and that was seen as the right thing to do, now its the opposite.
I have a theory that its psychological effect called transference and the no blame game.
Transference is for example if somebody meets you and has a dislike for you for no real reason, rather than face up to the fact they're wrong they blame you for it, hense the tranfer of blame to you, and its your fault they dont like you, not theirs because they're such a nice person. Aparently most humans dont like admitting they're wrong you see, they make any excuse rather than admit it. So I think its the same for the ridicule of the prepper or the survivalist, deep down on a primative level in their subconcious, sheeple know they should be prepping too, but because they're not and feel guilty or inadequte or whatever, its your fault, so they blame you, laugh etc...
One last thing dont tell ANYBODY about your preps, family included unles they can keep a secret, youd be amazed how quickly rumours spread, and how many people then even though they may ridicule you in public make note of your preps in case they need them later.
Humans are inherantly lazy and if they can take another preppers hard worked for stuff they will.
Oh and Welcome !!! glad your here!!!
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to pass on the need to survive ! - by mikebratcher69 - 2 January 2012, 02:16