Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Road tolling backed by Britain's employers
9 October 2012, 17:55,
Road tolling backed by Britain's employers
Tuesday 09 October 2012

Motorists could see the cost of driving rise under proposals to privatise motorways and A-roads and introduce tolling, drawn up by the Confederation of British Industry.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/news...oyers.html
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
9 October 2012, 18:03,
RE: Road tolling backed by Britain's employers
(9 October 2012, 17:55)Prepper1 Wrote: Tuesday 09 October 2012

Motorists could see the cost of driving rise under proposals to privatise motorways and A-roads and introduce tolling, drawn up by the Confederation of British Industry.

fine by me, the nearest motorway is 30 miles away and i use it less than once a year if that ! as for A roads i can use B roads and back country roads in my area. i presume they are going to have to fit black boxes to every vehicle in the land so they know how much to charge you..cant see the farmers and old boys around here agreeing to that!Tongue
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
9 October 2012, 18:03,
It won't go away. Easy money for the ever hungry beast. Only thing is it makes going on the dole and having kids worthwhile. Unexpected, to them, consequences.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
9 October 2012, 18:09,
it'll never work, they might fit black boxes to all new cars but there are millions of cars already on the road, it would be impossible to fit them to every car, even if fined for non compliance it would be cheaper to pay the fine.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
9 October 2012, 18:13,
I guess my skill at navigating will get polished up cos I'm not paying to use toll roads if i can use B roads

9 October 2012, 21:02,
No need for a black box.
They'll use number plate recognition systems.
Like what they do in car parks and for congestion charging.
Then, a quarterly bill drops on your mat.
Shame someone copied your plate though.
Still no plan TPTB put into place is perfect.

9 October 2012, 22:48,
(9 October 2012, 18:03)bigpaul Wrote:
(9 October 2012, 17:55)Prepper1 Wrote: Tuesday 09 October 2012

fine by me, the nearest motorway is 30 miles away and i use it less than once a year if that ! as for A roads i can use B roads and back country roads in my area. i presume they are going to have to fit black boxes to every vehicle in the land so they know how much to charge you..cant see the farmers and old boys around here agreeing to that!Tongue

My nearest motorway is 144 miles away.Smile

Find a resilient place and way to live, then sit back and watch a momentous period in history unfold.
10 October 2012, 10:17,
(9 October 2012, 21:02)Paul Wrote: No need for a black box.
They'll use number plate recognition systems.
Like what they do in car parks and for congestion charging.
Then, a quarterly bill drops on your mat.
Shame someone copied your plate though.
Still no plan TPTB put into place is perfect.

i know which A roads have camera's on them and can just use a different road, even if they put camera's on ALL A roads my county is made up with loads and loads of back country roads...these are the roads i use NOW.
10 October 2012, 13:03,
Fitting vehicles with rotating number plates tomorrow (I wish).

10 October 2012, 13:10,
All the more reason to come to NRs map reading and navigating acadamy Smile