Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Coldest winter in 100 years on its way!
17 November 2012, 14:22,
Coldest winter in 100 years on its way!
you have been warned folks, better get those preps up to dateBig Grin http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/3587...ars-on-way
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
17 November 2012, 14:38,
RE: Coldest winter in 100 years on its way!
I thought we weren't supposed to get the tail end of sandy I'm sure I read a link through CNN that due to the cold front coming down from Canada that it was supposed to cancel out the tail end of sandy so we didn't get bad weather oh well it happens
True heroes don't wear football shirts, they wear dog tags.
17 November 2012, 14:52,
the Express piece didnt say where the weather was coming from, could be from Canada, we sometimes get it coming over from Siberia, the report did say January and Febuary "could" be the worst of it.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
17 November 2012, 14:57,
Oh well if I can survive being snowed in up in wales I can survive it down here. Better get more flour and yeast in and uht milk.
True heroes don't wear football shirts, they wear dog tags.
17 November 2012, 15:01,
yep, we need some more milk powder,prob stock up on the flour ourselves, after that we'll be doing our monthly run to Tesco's.
17 November 2012, 15:48,
Glad I'm stocking up on firewood and bottled gas. Need a new metal snow shovel the bloody plastic one I bought last year just broke first time it was used.

17 November 2012, 15:56,
Is it just me or do we get the same headline every year ?

I'm sure i read that last year was going to be one of the coldest in 100 years but it was generally mild compared to the previous two

No doubt it will be cold in winter, it generally is, but most of these people cant predict tomorrows weather let alone weeks / months in advance

You have the right to hold any beliefs you want. You do not have the right to have those beliefs automatically respected
17 November 2012, 16:37, (This post was last modified: 17 November 2012, 16:39 by bigpaul.)
yeah, but it dosent hurt to be prepared just in case they get it right-for once!!Big Grin
(17 November 2012, 15:48)NorthernRaider Wrote: Need a new metal snow shovel the bloody plastic one I bought last year just broke first time it was used.

i use a very old very rusty metal shovel i got off an industrial estate about 4 years ago, works a treat.
17 November 2012, 17:28,
(17 November 2012, 15:48)NorthernRaider Wrote: Glad I'm stocking up on firewood and bottled gas. Need a new metal snow shovel the bloody plastic one I bought last year just broke first time it was used.

Most plastic ones are naff. Seen one that was designed for use in a stable wich was really sturdy, and wide so it would be great for snow.
17 November 2012, 17:50,
Mixed expectations here, we are directly on the Gulf Stream, which brings in warm currents, which often keeps us a bit warmer, but very much wetter,... haveing said that the winds that help the Gulf stream along often bring us America`s weather about 6 weeks later.

... but cold is something we are ready for
A major part of survival is invisibility.