Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Israel loses the moral highground
18 November 2012, 19:21,
Israel loses the moral highground
Israel has just proven itself to be no better than Hamas, Sky has just reported how the Israelis fired missiles into the very hotels that most of the wests journalists were staying in, including the Sky news team. So its clear Israel cares nothing for the lives of the people from its allied nations.

Also and possibly worse Sky news has got footage of the Israelis transported the internationally banned cluster bombs to its air fields. All civilised nations banned cluster bombs over ten years ago, except the US and Israel.

With friends like Israel who needs enemies !!!

18 November 2012, 19:41,
RE: Israel loses the moral highground
Apparently.... Israel sent messages of warning for the jornos to evacuate? I know it's not the point but if I got a message to leave my house or be b o mbed you would see the smoke flying from my heels! I would take off into the street in the buff if need be...Not a pleasant site Sad
If you change the way you look at things..The things you look at change !
18 November 2012, 19:50,
I'm sure Paul will agree with this, Don't F**K with Israel!......Moral high ground or not.

Why should they ban cluster bombs? Simple answer, to reduce collateral damage.
Why would they keep cluster bombs? Simple answer, to show people they don't give a f**k who they're fighting!

For a nation that has been fighting for existence from all borders, from the moment they were created/founded, they've done a damn good job of staying alive.

I respect them, just for that alone.

If we try to take a higher moral ground than them, I revert us back to our mentality of WTSHTF, we look after us and our own and everyone else can go swivel.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
18 November 2012, 20:02,
You gotta love the term "collateral damage", it makes killing women and kids sound so much more reasonable

Not a dig at you skythe, just a general comment
You have the right to hold any beliefs you want. You do not have the right to have those beliefs automatically respected
18 November 2012, 20:06, (This post was last modified: 18 November 2012, 20:10 by Prepaday.)
Gaza hide their weapons in Mosques and schools and places where there are civilians? Makes it hard for innocent people not to get killed, I'm not on anyone's side and every innocent death, no matter what side is unacceptable, but war is war and innocent folk will always be killed Sad
And forgive me for saying....A few of you on here wouldn't think twice on shooting someone who ventures onto your BOL when the sh it hits the fan, This could be some unfortunate prepper who has had the misfortune to have had their stuff stolen or mugged and they are simply looking for help. So (one of your own people?) No questions asked, you would just shoot them there and there?
If you change the way you look at things..The things you look at change !
18 November 2012, 20:23,
Oooooo, cluster bombs. So what!
I'd use cluster bombs, chemical weapons, mines, dum dums, punji sticks, booby traps, poison, and hire terrorists if it would help protect my family.

As for bombing journalists? They were warned to get out, they chose not to. I've no problem there.

Innocents died?
Terrorist 101.
Set up in densely inhabited areas.
That way someone is bound to get killed.
Four dead woman, Nine dead children, priceless in a propaganda war.

Or does anyone think that Hamas are fine upstanding individuals above that sort of thing?

18 November 2012, 20:46,
It was just a comment regarding the term "collateral damage", sheesh Smile

Mind you, some posts on here always bring this pic to my mind

[Image: dont_worry_maam1.jpg]
You have the right to hold any beliefs you want. You do not have the right to have those beliefs automatically respected
18 November 2012, 20:59, (This post was last modified: 18 November 2012, 21:02 by NorthernRaider.)
Well to be honest I see Israel not as the innocent victim of Hamas but being as equally bad, They rightly whinge about HAMAS firing rockets into Israel, but they are still stealing more and more palestinian land to build setttlements on. And the Israelis carrying out terrorist attacks on Palestinians rarely gets mentioned either.

But for me Israel is as bad as any other hate filled bigoted entity who I have no love for, world peace would be greatly enhanced if both sides wiped each other out.

Paul I note your point most emphatically about you being wiling to see cluster bombs being used on civilian targets, perhaps you will gain some satifaction from seeing inncoent kids picking the unexploded ones up and blowing themselves up.

BOMBING, SHELLING and FIRING MISSILES into civilian areas is a WAR CRIME and MURDER by both sides , its NEVER self defence.

And dont forget the IRA learned its terror tactics from the Stern Gang and the other Israeli terror groups who murdered hundreds of British troops sent to p[rotect them.
I assume that Paul would then agree that if Scots nationalist, OR IRA types or Sons of Owain Glyndwr shot up or blew up someone in England the right response would be to bombard Belfast, Dublin, Cardiff , Swansea, Edinburgh and Glasgow with high explosive artilery??

18 November 2012, 21:33,
(18 November 2012, 19:50)Scythe13 Wrote: For a nation that has been fighting for existence from all borders, from the moment they were created/founded, they've done a damn good job of staying alive.

Yes and no.
They are up against arabs. They are not the deadliest of adversary's in the world, not the softest either.
They are supplied by a first-world super-power and have spiritual vigor to match the fanatical ways of islam.
Once the arab attacks are broken, the mopping up begins. Breaking an arab onslaught is not easy either.

If we try to take a higher moral ground than them, I revert us back to our mentality of WTSHTF, we look after us and our own and everyone else can go swivel.

Well said, a shame this mentality terrify's most of the baby-boomer types alas.

I don't know what the end game is here on this one, history is being written!
18 November 2012, 21:35,
Didn't we hit a some building in Iraq with journalists in and yes on purpose if I remember right??
I know what your saying NR but how many groups have our troops trained and American money paying for the Ira (amongst other) no country is squeaky clean
And I do admire them for taking no shit

Bd