• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fill up
24 January 2012, 20:53,
Fill up
http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2012/...st-england
25 January 2012, 09:21,
RE: Fill up
The scariest part of this story is probably this:

"food prices could rise in consequence. "Diesel is the fuel that powers our road hauliers, so if the price of diesel goes up it is passed on to the customer and then the consumer"

The increase in food prices are much more dangerous!
25 January 2012, 12:12,
(25 January 2012, 09:21)Scythe13 Wrote: The scariest part of this story is probably this:

"food prices could rise in consequence. "Diesel is the fuel that powers our road hauliers, so if the price of diesel goes up it is passed on to the customer and then the consumer"

The increase in food prices are much more dangerous!

I agree %100, Food will become the "new Gold", we are far more at risk of food shortages than many "normal People" out there realise.

25 January 2012, 13:32,
On payday I'm changing my shopping list!

I'm going to do a £100 shop of pure tinned 'goodness' from Tesco's own brand. They are the best quality at the best price. Asda is cheaper but not as good. Morrisons is the same price but not as good. Sainsburys is tastier, but more expensive.

Oh, and the chocolate.......NEVER goes off!!! I've eaten Nestle products (from when I worked at Nestle) that had gone off years before I started uni. It was about 7 years out of date and still delicious!!!
25 January 2012, 13:47,
I'm stepping up my prepping activities too Scythe, putting more sacks of rice etc away and stocking up on more tinned goods, and looking to stock more cooking gas etc.
25 January 2012, 13:52,
I spent the last of my savings just after Crimbo stocking up on stuff mainly non foods though. Fuel, Detergents, Soaps, Bleach, Toothpaste, deodorant, shampoo, toothbrushs, bog roll, disinfectant, bin bags, candles etc. I probably only have 3 to 4 months food supplies at the moment.

25 January 2012, 14:25,
(25 January 2012, 13:52)NorthernRaider Wrote: I spent the last of my savings just after Crimbo stocking up on stuff mainly non foods though. Fuel, Detergents, Soaps, Bleach, Toothpaste, deodorant, shampoo, toothbrushs, bog roll, disinfectant, bin bags, candles etc. I probably only have 3 to 4 months food supplies at the moment.

That's pretty much what I did. Paying the rent monthly now, so 3 weeks out of 4 I've got money to play with - hardest part is finding somewhere to keep all the stuff. I've got a years worth of toothpaste & toothbrushes stashed in the bathroom. Anyone who goes for a piss in our house must think there's about 50 people living there. Next week I'll be buying shelves to keep all this in the spare room. Then I'll have more room for more stuff.
I did have about 1000 candles, but we used quite a few over the festive period (i prefer candle light) so I need to stock up again.

Anyone noticed how candles (especially tea lights) have gone up in price recently??
25 January 2012, 14:30,
I went to Asda late last night & filled up the car and did a big prepping shop. Bought loads of basics/non-perishables. They have toothpaste at 17p (!) - no idea if it's any good but put it away as it will keep for 12 months after opening. Heinz soup is 50p a tin at the mo. 1kg rice 40p, generic Ibroprofen & paracetamol, cold cure & diarrohea tablets were pennies; they also have bread mixes (just add water) for 89p (good for me as I don't kow how to bake yet); spaghetti 25p; pasta shapes 30p; Body Vault dextrose x 3 pack £1; choc soya desserts x 4 (suprisingly really good) £1; mixed herbs 19p etc etc. My insurance policy and it'll all get eaten/used up regardless.
25 January 2012, 21:01,
I'm with you Scythe13, bulk buy from The Evil Empire (Tesco). Their own brand is what fills our prepp cupboard. Get the weekly shop and then pile a load of tinned goodness and dried manna on top.
You have to get up early to catch a fox.
25 January 2012, 21:52,
Which I lived in Blighty.
Cost a fortune down here !