Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blackout
10 September 2013, 10:40,
RE: Blackout
I've been banging on about not trusting strangers and then the silly cow with the kid gets into a strangers vehicle on the film, and he's tagged?
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
10 September 2013, 11:18,
(10 September 2013, 10:40)bigpaul Wrote: I've been banging on about not trusting strangers and then the silly cow with the kid gets into a strangers vehicle on the film, and he's tagged?

Yeah but the stranger with the tag turned out to be a good guy.

Just saw it on 4OD. One thing is that it talks about series 1 episode 1.
Are we going to get more?

All in all a very well put together item and very realistic. Much better than the Doomsday prepper material.

My takeaways from this ..

Opsec very important
don't cook outside in the early days.
Maybe (if you're community minded) have some little giveaway boxes.
cache cache cache
Dont put anything on youtube = comes down to opsec again.

One interesting development is that OH no longer thinks I'm a mad bitch, but sees that I "might be onto something".

A minor miracle -
10 September 2013, 12:02,
Just finished watching. I thought it was pretty good. The "prepper" didn't really have it all thought out though did he? Ok, so he had food stores and generator etc, but no way to defend what he has? Big mistake. And nothing alerted him to the fact that there are 3 people in his house until it's way too late. Should of got a dog.
That genny would have been better replaced with a battery bank and solar panels (portable)

Hhmmmmm, not so sure I want to move any nearer to civilisation.....
10 September 2013, 13:20,
here's a link to one of the newspaper reviews of same, check out some of the remarks at the end-seems it didn't convince many people to start prepping!! nothing new there then! http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/...-tv-review
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
10 September 2013, 13:31, (This post was last modified: 10 September 2013, 13:35 by Prepper1.)
I thought it was pretty disjointed.
I didn't like threads either.
Both long winded crap...

Entertainment for the feeble minded springs to mind...

No offense to anybody on here, I just thought it was badly done, weakly acted and a waste of time.

Oh and I hate picture selfies and ESPECIALLY video ones.
Full of self indulgent look at me's...
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
10 September 2013, 13:36,
I thought it was quite funny in places, like the young female who said" I cant get a signal on my mobile, I'M GOING TO DIE!"Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
10 September 2013, 13:40,
Thats what I mean as well, it was like drama student quality... mind you it was channel 4...
still thats why I dont have a telly anymore, all crap watched this on the computer on catch up, shouldnt have bothered...

Reminded me of that crap film paranormal activity...
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
10 September 2013, 13:57,
you cant beat the walking dead covers lots of stuff we talk about on here , food , trust , health , security , my fave
Survive the jive (youtube )
10 September 2013, 14:27,
(10 September 2013, 13:36)bigpaul Wrote: I thought it was quite funny in places, like the young female who said" I cant get a signal on my mobile, I'M GOING TO DIE!"Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

"If my goldfish dies because the government can't sort out their power issues I'm going to be really mad"

Rolleyes
10 September 2013, 14:33,
when you saw all the traffic nose to tail it just brings me back to an original remark by NR 4 years ago about motorways and main A roads being one giant car park!!!