Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Self Development Section
4 February 2012, 21:47, (This post was last modified: 4 February 2012, 21:47 by Scythe13.)
Self Development Section
Can we have a part where we can say about our own self developments?

User experiences is a great part. I will be posting about Meets, and Camping trips, and things like that in there. But a seperate section where we can celebrate and congratulate each other on our developments would be cool. It's also a good way for people to send further suggestions on what you should learn to do next, like with me being told I should learn to feather sticks next to make them easier to light. That's a great idea, which I might not have thought of for a while.

What do you think?
Also, I want to tell everyone all about when I skin my first rabbit, and all that.
4 February 2012, 23:25,
RE: Self Development Section
yes mate sounds good it all helps we never stop learning
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
5 February 2012, 11:50,
I'm not sure what benefit it would be. We have areas for everything and that is where people will look. If I want to learn about starting a fire I look in the Bushcraft section. If I want o learn about treating a cut I look in the medical section. To create another that will be a mix of everything will mean some people won't read it and self development is exactly what they are looking for as that is the level they are at in that area.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
6 February 2012, 09:14,
(5 February 2012, 11:50)Skean Dhude Wrote: I'm not sure what benefit it would be. We have areas for everything and that is where people will look. If I want to learn about starting a fire I look in the Bushcraft section. If I want o learn about treating a cut I look in the medical section. To create another that will be a mix of everything will mean some people won't read it and self development is exactly what they are looking for as that is the level they are at in that area.

That's a fair point.

I was thinking something we can shout out about and celebrate together, but I guess that can go in the individual sections, like fire in Bushcraft, etc.

See Skean Dhude, that's why you're the boss around here.
6 February 2012, 11:56,
Being the boss just means its my sites and my rules but I learnt a long time ago that I don't know everything and to treat people as I would like to be treated myself. That way I learn from others and I will listen to anyone. Doesn't mean they will change my mind but a good case will.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
6 February 2012, 13:07,
(6 February 2012, 11:56)Skean Dhude Wrote: Being the boss just means its my sites and my rules but I learnt a long time ago that I don't know everything and to treat people as I would like to be treated myself. That way I learn from others and I will listen to anyone. Doesn't mean they will change my mind but a good case will.

That's cool.

Thank you for listening. That stands you head and shoulders over other forum admins/owners.