Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
West plots in Mideast to spark nuke war: Analyst
16 February 2012, 20:08, (This post was last modified: 16 February 2012, 20:45 by mikebratcher69.)
West plots in Mideast to spark nuke war: Analyst
A senior political analyst says the oil-thirsty West is gearing up for a military intervention in Syria and a strike on Iran which would potentially trigger a nuclear world war.
http://www.presstv.ir/detail/227056.html
possibility of a real game of fallout boy....
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
16 February 2012, 21:04,
RE: West plots in Mideast to spark nuke war: Analyst
I can't see a nuclear war coming but I can see trouble on the horizon.

It isn't called MAD for nothing. The only problem is that many are starting to see it as survivable.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
16 February 2012, 23:05,
AND I think theres some who just dont care if they die as long as the enemy does too. Thats one concept MAD doesnt take into account.
It took it as read that the people with nukes were mentaly stable types, not prone to flying off the handle at a whim. I saw an article saying thats why they were so against any more nations in the middle east getting nukes because "they" as nations arnt stable and prone to in fighting still, and the likely hood of a nuclear conflict was higher than with the traditional nuclear countries.
16 February 2012, 23:11, (This post was last modified: 16 February 2012, 23:13 by NorthernRaider.)
How does MAD work when you have 1 billion people willing to die right this minute for a promise of 74 virgins?
No not the Bristol definition of a virgin IE a girl who can run faster than her brother !!! Smile

17 February 2012, 11:33,
As mike said MAD was when we all wanted to live. It doesn't work when they are willing to die.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
17 February 2012, 19:56,
I'm not sure what MAD is, so if anyone could explain, it would be appreciated.

The situation over there is the one I think we most need to watch.
17 February 2012, 20:19,
Mutually Assured Destruction, IE both sides have enough nuclear weapons and automated launching systems that if country A attacks country B and wipes out its government , military and command and control systems, country B still has enough nukes in Subs , bunkers, on planes, in silos etc ready to launch that even if Country B is wiped out, only 6 minutes later country A is also wiped out.

17 February 2012, 20:32,
I'm getting tired of the contestant sabre rattling. As bad as it is I just want something to happen so we can just move on.
17 February 2012, 20:51,
Thanks NR. That makes much more sense now mate.

(17 February 2012, 20:32)Carnebwen Wrote: I'm getting tired of the contestant sabre rattling. As bad as it is I just want something to happen so we can just move on.

I hope your Potassium Iodide ready. Whether it protects from radiation poisoning or not, it keeps your thyroid working in radiated areas. Which is better than no protection at all.
17 February 2012, 23:50, (This post was last modified: 17 February 2012, 23:51 by mikebratcher69.)
one thing i havnt got yet so much to do so little time...
i fee like the white rabbit in alice in wonderland.