Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Medieval Fairbain Sykes Dagger
21 February 2012, 03:47,
Medieval Fairbain Sykes Dagger
For pictures, just PM me with your email address & i will email back to you.

This is a nice piece. Unused. It was the prize for winning a medieval sword & shield tournament at Sizergh castle, Cumbria in about 2001

I have kept it ever since but it has remained unused. It is an original new oil black Fairbain Sykes commando dagger blade made by "Sheffield Knives", professionally fitted with a black polished Irish Bog Oak barrel shaped handle(1000yr old+++ oak) , between a brass quillion & waisted rounded pommel. the tang is a straight through tang, with no rivets through it to compromise strength.
It is complete in a well made medieval style hand stitched mid brown leather scabbard with a solid leather belt loop & 2 rose decoration stamps embossed.
It is a nice piece and still retains its semi sharp edge - yet to be sharpened!
This a quality 1 off bit of kit, available for a collector or serious prepper alike. Cost a bit from Todds Knives when originally purchased by the Tournament organiser.

Half of that now at £45 to a fellow scholar.

30 March 2012, 23:22,
RE: Medieval Fairbain Sykes Dagger
Gawd, I'm cuttin me own rite arm off now guvner.. £40 notes and you can stick it were ya want.. Not to be repeated... If its still shimmying me art strings by sonny August, then i'll wave it on darn Wilderness gavvering for twice the lolly! I'm bleedin killin meself ere. :-) TL
14 April 2012, 23:48,

15 April 2012, 00:21,
I'l take it, Nice little ornament piece, I love the Medieval stuff :-)
“Subtle and insubstantial, the expert leaves no trace; divinely mysterious, he is inaudible. Thus he is master of his enemy's fate.” Sun Tzu
21 April 2012, 23:41,
Cmon Stokey. Answer your PM's. Don't say you want the dagger and then no contact??
27 April 2012, 23:38,
This knife is still available.
28 April 2012, 11:48,
nice bit of kit, i've got too many knives already, or so the wife says!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
29 April 2012, 15:49,
Just buy some earplugs!Big Grin
8 July 2012, 12:30, (This post was last modified: 8 July 2012, 12:31 by Hrusai.)
is this beauty still going?
cause man am i interested Smile
8 July 2012, 18:11,
Yes it is. It is not suitable as a camp/utility knife though. This is truely a renowned classic combat dagger with custom fittings.