Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Preppers/Survival Research
24 February 2012, 15:49,
Preppers/Survival Research
Hi,

I work for an Independent TV Production Company in London, and am keen to talk to some of you about your experience as preppers and survival experts.

We are developing a TV show that would educate about the issues you believe the country may face, and how you plan to tackle them, and have prepared or them, if anything was to arise.

I'd love to talk to anyone who spends a vast amount of their time prepping, and has lots to show for this. Also, anyone who is extremely passionate about this topic.

If you are interested to talk, then please email me naomi.banat@bullseyetv.co.uk or call me on 0203 189 3510.

I look forward to hopefully hearing from some of you.

Best Wishes,
Naomi
24 February 2012, 15:56, (This post was last modified: 24 February 2012, 15:58 by NorthernRaider.)
RE: Preppers/Survival Research
Oh dear I got the warning out to late. Bugger.

IIRC SD has had 4 approaches to my 4.5 in the last year by the media and the other forums are reportying similar incursions!!!

Hey guys wannbe portriad like " My Big Fat Gypsey Wedding" !!!

24 February 2012, 16:35,
(24 February 2012, 15:49)NaomiBanat Wrote: Hi,

I work for an Independent TV Production Company in London, and am keen to talk to some of you about your experience as preppers and survival experts.

We are developing a TV show that would educate about the issues you believe the country may face, and how you plan to tackle them, and have prepared or them, if anything was to arise.

I'd love to talk to anyone who spends a vast amount of their time prepping, and has lots to show for this. Also, anyone who is extremely passionate about this topic.

If you are interested to talk, then please email me naomi.banat@bullseyetv.co.uk or call me on 0203 189 3510.

I look forward to hopefully hearing from some of you.

Best Wishes,
Naomi

I think you've come to the wrong website Naomi.

We're not survivalists. We're just an outdoors activities group.
24 February 2012, 16:47,
Naomi sorry for the wind up welcome but we get asked the same question on average 4 times a year by TV producers, newsmen and film makers. One of the main facets of Prepping and Survivalism contrary to what you see on Nat Geo is Privacy and security, We would be wasting all our time and effort by opening up the the media, the media as you well know who have an appaling record when it comes to accuracy, impartiality, honesty and fairness.

24 February 2012, 16:54,
Also, what was acceptable 20-30 years ago, would be seen as weird by current social perceptions.

The best information you can get would be from going to survival training courses and talking to the people taking them, and things like that. A survival school would be much more open and understanding than most of us, if not all of us.

We like the idea of being the gray-man. The basic idea is that you don't stand out. Being on national television would make you stand out......LOADS!!! Which kind of beats the idea of blending in.
24 February 2012, 17:00,
Hey guys remember a chap called Louis Theroux and his Weird Weekends, I saw the fallout in the US community from the preppers who exposed themselves to him, lives ruined because of tabloid media, Same thing is happening now on Nat Geo with Doomsday Preppers

24 February 2012, 17:10,
(24 February 2012, 17:00)NorthernRaider Wrote: Hey guys remember a chap called Louis Theroux and his Weird Weekends, I saw the fallout in the US community from the preppers who exposed themselves to him, lives ruined because of tabloid media, Same thing is happening now on Nat Geo with Doomsday Preppers

NR, you would be a crap media salesman. "Hi everyone, I'm NR. I'm creating a 'reality tv show' based on prepping. We only want to expose you and make you look stupid. On this program we will exploit you, edit filming and the alike to mock you, and ridicule your life. Moreover, we can manipulate the show with a voice over that you have no say over. You won't be able to have any say in the edit, or manipulations. But don't worry, it will only ruin your life! If you're interested, please message me at NR@wescrewyouover.co.uk Thanks for your time!"

SOLD!!!! Sign me up NR.
24 February 2012, 17:23,
Read the book emergency by Neil Strauss instead. It's also very good.
24 February 2012, 19:22,
i dont trust Journo's, so called film makers, so dont ring me, i (may) ring you, but dont hold your breath!Tongue
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
24 February 2012, 19:22,
I'll do it !

My fee is £ 1, 000,000,000 . In advance. I except cheques and will appear when the money has cleared in my bank account.
There's no Justice, There's Just Us.