Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
At last, a real preppers forum
28 February 2012, 06:11,
At last, a real preppers forum
Hi all,

I have been prepping for about 6 years now. Ever since I awoke one morning with an overwhelming sense of dread and foreboding, knowing that our world, our "civilisation" was going to implode in the very near future.

My prepping began with learning fighting systems, as used by special forces. None of the mamby pamby karate that so many like to learn, but skills that are deadly, instant and there are no if's or buts. I don't mean to insult any Karate guys, but I used to do it, was good, but still got beaten up by a kick boxer. Now, I win, every time. BTW, it called Krav Maga and it was developed by the Israeli special forces. It works.

More recently I have began stock piling food and edged weapons. I am lucky enough to have a very high income and can spend a lot of money on this. I am about to start buying meds, such as antibiotics, pain relief and suture kits. My wife is a nurse, so that is another bonus. I am acutely aware that injuries can lead to death through infection and not having proper treatment.

I am also stocking up on water filters and treatments.

My problem is this, I can stock this stuff, but where do I keep it. Sure, I can fill my garage for now, but I will become a huge target once the marauding gangs and looters leave the cities and find my village. With my weapons and skills, I can take 6-5 coming at me. No boasting here, we practice "Zombie drills" whereby 5-6 people attack for 5 minutes. The cardio workout kills, it is intense, but I and my son are good at combat and can fight that many off. With knives, we can stop many more.

So, back to the problem. I have so much and can buy much, much more. I can buy enough for 10-20 people for 2-3 years if I want to. That's an enormous amount of supplies, but 20 people with 6-7 big guys will more likely survive what is coming.

What we need is someone with a remote farm whereby we can set up a small community. If I could find this I would really go to town on supplies. We would be self sufficient for years and we would have a lot of luxuries that most wont have.

Anyway, look, I joined UK-preppers forum and posted something similar and was shot down by about a dozen people calling me all sorts of names. One of the members from this site PM'd me and told me of this forum, so lets hope I can find some real survivalists here who are ready to prep for a small commune.

If you think I am a fruitbake, then no probs, I will leave. If you have a farm, or skills that could benefit a small group, we need you.

Steve
28 February 2012, 07:04,
RE: At last, a real preppers forum
Welcome to the forum Steve.

Why don't you spend some of your wealth on buying your own small farm first and then stock it up yr self with yr high income?
There's no Justice, There's Just Us.

28 February 2012, 08:42,
Valid polnt, but I don't have wealth, I have a large income. My business is 2 yrs old. It makes a lot of money, but as it is so new I therefore have no real capital. Yes, I could save some for a deposit, but I think time is running short and I am better off buying tonnes of food and sharing this with someone who already owns a secure place. Does that make sense ? If I thought we had 3 yrs, I would do just that, but I don't think we have that long. In any event, I still think there is safety in numbers and as such, my contribution will be food, medical supplies, weapons, toiletries etc.

Thanks

Steve
28 February 2012, 09:44,
Hi Steve, I think you honestly will struggle to find anyone to want to set up a community or group based around a farm or similar, the subject has been discussed in great depth for many years on most of the forums, and inevitably the strong characters and pertsonalities that define us as survivalists also ensure that communes or coops dont every work. No one has ever come up with a workable management structure that does not have cliques, ruling elites, quasi dictators etc. And of course most serious survivalists CHOOSE to keep their own places / bases and just want to form looser ties.

I wish you well in your efforts though.
NR

28 February 2012, 10:32,
Hi Steve

Welcome to the forum mate.

Love the enthusiasm and the desire to build a team. We're in the same process of building a team, but obviously that kind of thing can take time. Time which you're right, we might not have.

If I had the same large income, I'd probably rent a farm over in Wales, and buy some nearby land to build a bomb shelter in. The reason I say about renting is because WTSHTF, your landlord probably won't be coming round to pick up the rent. So really, it'll be your property, if that makes sense?

What kind of skills are you looking for in a team? You seem to have much of the 'essentials' sorted out; protection, medical, nutritional. What about bushcraft skills, communication, even things like stealth (disguising your tracks, having the farm look already looted)?

Love the enthusiasm though mate.

Also, I get why you left other sites. I left (got kicked out of) another site for camping in a mild winter haha.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
28 February 2012, 10:55,
Hi welcome to the forum.
28 February 2012, 11:06,
yep, it was me!that told you to come here, after you got shot down by UKPTongue welcome to the site, enjoy your stay.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
28 February 2012, 11:32,
It's a nice idea, first step is to set up an RZ and I see you have already posted, depending on where you are you may be lucky and get to meet other preppers but in my experience trying to get others down my way to the RZ stage was an absolute joke, I also tried on UKP lol and other forums but the excuses they came up with were pathetic! if people can't even be bothered to get themselves to an RZ then they are certainly not to be relied on when tshtf, you need to know someone quite well before you think about setting up camp with them.
Mean time with your money I would be looking into home security, there's a lot you can do, last time I checked you could still buy barb/razor wire on ebay, it's against the law to put it up but you can store it.
Raise your fences, look into electric fences, learn how to set traps, there's much you can do to to be ready to defend and secure your property. If your that worried about your location then move now! and be prepared to go it alone.
28 February 2012, 11:47,
Steve,

Sounds like you are in a good situation.

I would suggest that you start by reading the stuff on the main site. It sounds to me like you are looking at one area and stocking up before moving on to the next. You don't want to have enough tools, stores and seeds to run a 100 acre farm and find that you have no water for the transition so you die of thirst. Fill all the pots at the same rate so if it happens tomorrow you have enough for your needs.

As far as storage is concerned. The favoured way in the suburbs is to bury it or put it behind false walls. There are other options.

Once you have read the basics then some of the other topics will make more sense.

One of my aims is to build a small network of preppers who can share information, tools and skills. We might not meet after an event but we can meet and help others before and if they are close to you then you could set up something special.

One think to remember, always remember OPSEC (OPerational SECurity) Don't tell anyone about where your stores are, your plans and where you are. We are grey men just keeping our heads down and waiting for something we all hope will not happen.

Good luck and any questions just ask.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
28 February 2012, 12:19,
i dont know what you have stored if anything, but you need to start with the basics, "alternative" source of heating, lighting and cooking just in case the power goes off, say a camping stove, do you have a working fireplace?if not then maybe a mobile(superser type gas) heater, and some lanterns, either battery or wind up. start building up your food supplies, a little at a time, a few extra tins each week, slowly and easily no need to go buying £100's of food at a time, a little and often.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.