Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chance of a Catastrophic Solar Storm Is 1 in 8
7 March 2012, 18:59,
Chance of a Catastrophic Solar Storm Is 1 in 8
http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-news/re...s_03062012

In this article I draw your attention to these parts, and I quote...

"According to a recent study published by Space Weather: The International Journal of Research and Applications, we have roughly a 12% chance of getting hit with a solar storm so powerful that it could take down the national power grid and yield catastrophic consequences for the general population. Pete Riley, a senior scientist at Predictive Science in San Diego, is the author of the study which looks at the probability of the occurrence of extreme weather events"

"The worst case scenario has been outlined by the Center for Security Policy, which suggests that an EMP, or a solar storm that results in similar magnetic discharge across the United States, to 1859 could potentially leave 90% of Americans dead within the first year."

"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
7 March 2012, 19:17, (This post was last modified: 7 March 2012, 19:18 by Scythe13.)
RE: Chance of a Catastrophic Solar Storm Is 1 in 8
Good find Mike.

See, I missed these kinds of updates and stuff mate.

If you ever try to leave again......I will hunt you! haha
I'm not going to lie, I'm excited by the thought of that!!!
Not of hunting you, but of the solar flare/storm.
Although I think if I were to try to hunt you, you'd probably catch me first. Which would really ruin the odds of me capturing you.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
7 March 2012, 20:07, (This post was last modified: 7 March 2012, 20:08 by mikebratcher69.)
dunno I might like the chase... chase me chase me!!!Big GrinBig GrinTongueTongue
Seriously though, I think if it happens it'll be hard but it's definetly what humanity could do with a good sweep out, not just under the rug like usual.
9 April 2012, 01:07,
(7 March 2012, 18:59)mikebratcher69 Wrote: http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-news/re...s_03062012

In this article I draw your attention to these parts, and I quote...
we have roughly a 12% chance of getting hit with a solar storm so powerful that it could take down the national power grid and yield catastrophic consequences for the general population.

Reminds me of Michael Fish saying there will definatley be no storms this weekend :-)
“Subtle and insubstantial, the expert leaves no trace; divinely mysterious, he is inaudible. Thus he is master of his enemy's fate.” Sun Tzu
9 April 2012, 05:14,
Thanks very much for this one Mike. I think this will happen and probably sooner than later. Some American sites have been on about it for a long time. Apparently, there is a great deal of activity going on with the sun at present. Solar flares, etc. Maybe we should look for other ways of communicating if this should happen. Of course it needs to be done before the event. Kenneth Eames.
9 April 2012, 11:51,
if this does happen it will be fun to see the Sheeple running around like headless chickens when the power goes off! i mean, how many non preppers do you know who have alternative heating, cooking, lighting methods in place? probably very few i expect!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
9 April 2012, 12:13,
One of my wifes friends AND her fella, didnt even know how chickens produced eggs. Honestly no word of a lie.
Even if I didnt have an alternative form of cooking or heating I have the knowledge to rig a fire pit or a dakota doo dah for my cooking needs outside in the backyard. And if the power etc went off forever, I'd build me a nice fireplace in the living room for heating or some such thing. I like having the knowledge to do stuff.
I like learning skills and being more self sufficient every day.
I've always been independant minded and thats the way i'm gonna stay damnit.
9 April 2012, 12:24,
i cannot get over the fact there are people who dont know where food comes from, and grown adults at that!!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
9 April 2012, 13:20,
I had an argument with a woman on another site talking about hunting. She thinks she won because I stopped commenting after this statement. (I can't remember the exact words but it was something like this)

You hunters are cruel people. Why don't you just buy your food at the supermarket like ordinary people do where no animals were harmed to provide you meat to eat.

I fell about laughing, started to comment and then decided how do you convince someone as stupid as this so gave up. I only have so many hours in my life. Following comments had people agreeing with her. I despair.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
9 April 2012, 13:23,
(9 April 2012, 13:20)Skean Dhude Wrote: You hunters are cruel people. Why don't you just buy your food at the supermarket like ordinary people do where no animals were harmed to provide you meat to eat.

Because we all know meat grows on trees under nice colourful rainbows :-)
“Subtle and insubstantial, the expert leaves no trace; divinely mysterious, he is inaudible. Thus he is master of his enemy's fate.” Sun Tzu