Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Taliban vows revenge
12 March 2012, 10:24,
Taliban vows revenge
Now this may only mean increased attacks on troops, BUT because children died and if fanatics get involved as they often do, its a possibility reprisal attacks may be launched here in the u.k. and the u.s.

Taliban vows revenge after U.S. Sergeant on SEAL team 'shoots dead nine sleeping Afghan children before burning their bodies' in deadly rampage that killed 16

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...mpage.html
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
12 March 2012, 10:33,
RE: Taliban vows revenge
I don't see this as a surprise, lets face it, had the tables been turned and an Afghani national had done something similar here or in US the ramifications would have been much worse. They have just as much right to be outraged as we would be.

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
12 March 2012, 11:14,
Indeed, lets just all be aware that we may be caught up in it and plan accordingly.
12 March 2012, 11:17,
They are claiming a mental breakdown, I've seen squaddies have breakdowns and its awful, but what it is not is calming arming yourself, walking out of a US base ON HIS OWN !!! through thegated checkpoint in Afghanistan, calmly finding insecure homes, entering, waking the occupants then calmly leading them into one room before calmly shooting each person with a single round to the head. THEN calmly and safely making sure he got back into the base before surrendering to US authorities and not the Afghan police.

Naa this is a Merkin on a trophy hunt and I guarentee you he is back in the US already and being protected by the US govt.

12 March 2012, 12:41,
I agree with NR on this, except I don't know what Merkin means. I'm guessing mercinary, but I'm probably wrong.

The guy will go back to the US and people will think him a legend in certain circles.

If he had a breakdown, why did he turn himself in? I don't get that.

Well in regards to Tban revenge......they consider their lives to be worth that of more than 10 'infidels'. So, if they do start taking revenge, it'll be easier taking us out on the streets than it will be taking out soldiers in a battle field.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
12 March 2012, 13:40,
He should claim that someone desecrated the bible and he was just following the example of others. The guy is clearly a nutter.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
12 March 2012, 13:53,

It seems to me that the US are attempting to stir up trouble in Afghanistan. First the burning of the Koran, now these atrocities. They're up to something and it stinks to high heaven. I can foresee an attempt to use Afghanistan as a launchpad for the invasion of Iran. It's all rather convenient.

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
12 March 2012, 14:23,
(12 March 2012, 12:41)Scythe13 Wrote: I agree with NR on this, except I don't know what Merkin means. I'm guessing mercinary, but I'm probably wrong.

Just a way of saying American. If you say it as it sounds when said by certain people or sterotypes like on southpark. This here is Merrica.

Along the lines of "so I told that them there teachin lady the only three letters innerd to know are U, S and A."
12 March 2012, 15:03,
(12 March 2012, 14:23)Carnebwen Wrote: Just a way of saying American. If you say it as it sounds when said by certain people or sterotypes like on southpark. This here is Merrica.

Along the lines of "so I told that them there teachin lady the only three letters innerd to know are U, S and A."

Cheer mate. Appreciate that. And....as I said, I would be wrong haha.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
12 March 2012, 15:37,
just fyi as whenever this kind of stuff goes on, be extra alert in major events or city centers etc JUST in case.