Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beijing coup rumors
22 March 2012, 17:18,
Beijing coup rumors
U.S. intelligence agencies monitoring China’s Internet say that from March 14 to Wednesday bloggers circulated alarming reports of tanks entering Beijing and shots being fired in the city as part of what is said to have been a high-level political battle among party leaders - and even a possible military coup.

The Internet discussions included photos posted online of tanks and other military vehicles moving around Beijing.

The reports followed the ouster last week of senior Politburo member and Chongqing Party Secretary Bo Xilai, who was linked to corruption, but who is said to remain close to China’s increasingly nationalistic military.

Chinese microblogging sites Sina Weibo, QQ Weibo, and the bulletin board of the search engine Baidu all reported “abnormalities” in Beijing on the night of March 19.

The comments included rumors of the downfall of the Shanghai leadership faction and a possible “military coup,” along with reports of gunfire on Beijing’s Changan Street. The reports were quickly removed by Chinese censors shortly after postings and could no longer be accessed by Wednesday.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012...436080940/
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
22 March 2012, 18:26,
RE: Beijing coup rumors
Thats worth watching closely.

22 March 2012, 18:38,
Depends who ends up on top if it will impact us. So we need to wait for that.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
22 March 2012, 20:00,
DM is running with it now

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...-coup.html

23 March 2012, 12:24,
That's amazing. I'll ask Jin if he has heard anything about it from friends and family back home.

One thing that shocked me, I was speaking with Jin about the amount of censorship online, and he said that even youtube is blocked from Chinese internet. Apparently many of the students in China say they don't have internet ACCESS. They refer to it as In-The-Net. And blogging is just called Blocking.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
23 March 2012, 15:01,
Funny that the CIA get their news from the Internet. Most of their agents are out persecuting patriots on Obamas orders.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
23 March 2012, 18:22,
(23 March 2012, 15:01)Skean Dhude Wrote: Funny that the CIA get their news from the Internet. Most of their agents are out persecuting patriots on Obamas orders.
nothing new there then, they've being doing that for years never mind who was in power(i think most yanks-the ones in power anyway-are all paranoid- it all started with "Reds under the beds in the 50s!).
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.