Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Now they'll have to tell us if we're eating halal
25 March 2012, 09:31,
Now they'll have to tell us if we're eating halal
Ministers are preparing to change the law to ensure that meat slaughtered in accordance with strict Islamic law cannot be sold to unwitting members of the public.

The Government is drawing up plans to prevent schools, hospitals, pubs and famous sporting venues from serving halal meat secretly to customers.

The move will be welcomed by animal rights campaigners, who argue that the traditional Islamic way of preparing meat – which involves killing animals by drawing a knife across their throats without stunning them first – is cruel and causes unnecessary pain.

It follows a Mail on Sunday investigation in September 2010 which discovered that beef, chicken and lamb had been sold to fans at Wembley without them knowing it had been prepared in accordance with sharia law.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...e-law.html
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
25 March 2012, 09:42,
RE: Now they'll have to tell us if we're eating halal
Meat is meat. Who cares if it's halal or haram, or ham, or chicken?

But, as I said before, in a war, we would be taking the muslim side. They control too much already. LOADS of the supermarkets sell halal chicken as normal chicken, because it's cheaper for them to buy. There will come a time when muslims have an amount of control that freaks everyone out. I see it as being now, but that's 'muslimaphobic'....or patriotic. Depends where you come from haha.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
25 March 2012, 10:06,
It's about choice you see.
Having a free choice to eat what you want, NOT what your told too or sneakily fed.
You could say its racist on their part making people eat Halal without telling them...
Maybe it was an innocent mistake and it was the cheapest chicken available...
People sometimes boycot Halal AND kosher meats because of the slaughtering process.
Imagine the uproar if Muslims had eaten non Halal meat by our design, they'd be mass protests...
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
26 March 2012, 10:14,
this is one of the reasons why we are very careful where and from whom we buy our meat, we can truthfully say that we know all our meat providers personally and that all the meat we buy can be traced back to the farm and the animal it came from. we havent eaten mass produced supermarket -so called-meat for 10 years, alright our meat costs a little more-1 of our chickens cost what you could buy 2 for in the supermarket, but the difference is noticeable in the texture and flavour of the meat.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
26 March 2012, 12:54,
With added water for succulence a Iceland says. To reiterate, that is Succulence and totally not weight.
26 March 2012, 13:31,
(26 March 2012, 12:54)Carnebwen Wrote: With added water for succulence a Iceland says. To reiterate, that is Succulence and totally not weight.
yes your quite right, if you buy FROZEN supermarket chicken you are paying chicken prices for frozen water! which is why we buy fresh meat!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
26 March 2012, 20:10,
I'm seriously thinking of becoming a veggie, between what they inject and feed Animals with and now all these diseases? not to mention I was married to a Butcher, heard some horror stories in my time.
Case no one knows all meat and chicken sold in fast food chains. restaurants, corner shops and cafes, have no restriction on them about where they must buy their meat, it has been proven that in some cases what has been sold was not fit for human consumption, it had been taken from dirty bins that had been left out in the sun with flies and maggots, originally ment to be sold as Pet food but ended up being bleached then sold to some corner shop.
Local paper in London reported police finding the heads and tails of several cats in a skip. lol kabab?
I've seen with my own eyes, a joint of meat with some thing green and oozy bout the size of a 50p stuck in it, my guess is it was tumour, obviously that pig was very sick! but some one ate the rest of it!
26 March 2012, 22:22,
(25 March 2012, 10:06)mikebratcher69 Wrote: Imagine the uproar if Muslims had eaten non Halal meat by our design, they'd be mass protests...

I'd laugh. Come to our country, eat our chicken.

(26 March 2012, 12:54)Carnebwen Wrote: With added water for succulence a Iceland says. To reiterate, that is Succulence and totally not weight.

That's fair. Tesco and the other Big4, don't do such things! They add water and salt! That's their suculence trick.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
26 March 2012, 23:08,
(25 March 2012, 09:31)mikebratcher69 Wrote: Ministers are preparing to change the law to ensure that meat slaughtered in accordance with strict Islamic law cannot be sold to unwitting members of the public.

The Government is drawing up plans to prevent schools, hospitals, pubs and famous sporting venues from serving halal meat secretly to customers.

The move will be welcomed by animal rights campaigners, who argue that the traditional Islamic way of preparing meat – which involves killing animals by drawing a knife across their throats without stunning them first – is cruel and causes unnecessary pain.

It follows a Mail on Sunday investigation in September 2010 which discovered that beef, chicken and lamb had been sold to fans at Wembley without them knowing it had been prepared in accordance with sharia law.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...e-law.html

Thats good new for me. Islam has been forced on us all by stealth. I for one would not have any meat killed in that way.
27 March 2012, 10:33,
may be now, with all the welfare laws, but what about after TSHTF? we may not care how it is killed then just the fact that it is food.